Any Bonsai tree Keepers?

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I’m ready to now. Would you recommend a Mexican rock dog over the ficus for long root structures?
Definitely recommend rock fig over ficus,as they look cooler and u can get them to grow aerial roots fairly easily,make sure the roots grow in slightly wavy patterns (its more impressive)

Reactions: FAT daddy and JK47

Bonytang

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
At least it's warm climate ..i guess. ? ...

on a fun note picked up newest tea tree about 16 months ago and it didn't make it this winter so now it has new life in a tank with some shiners, just put both in this weekend. gonna try the moss tie and see how it looks..could find cactus too i guess..

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
At least it's warm climate ..i guess. ? ...

on a fun note picked up newest tea tree about 16 months ago and it didn't make it this winter so now it has new life in a tank with some shiners, just put both in this weekend. gonna try the moss tie and see how it looks..could find cactus too i guess..
Orchid cacti are a cool choice for cacti,and good luck with the shiners.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Just got a night runner habiscus cutting,thought it would be farther along than it was,what I got looks like a rootless twig,I'm not sure it will be ready in time for my cousins birthday (it's to be the present ) it may take 8 weeks to grow good roots...

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Just got a night runner habiscus cutting,thought it would be farther along than it was,what I got looks like a rootless twig,I'm not sure it will be ready in time for my cousins birthday (it's to be the present ) it may take 8 weeks to grow good roots...
Did you order it online or through a catalog?

FAT daddy

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2011
Rowland Heights
I have always wanted to get into bonsai trees. Do any members keep any that would be willing to help a guy get started?

Ideally I would like to replicate a mangrove swamp or Cambodian temple etc...
Juniper trees are less expensive templates to landscape with while Black Pines can range up into the thousands of dollars. A wise man once told me what makes the tree beautiful is the balance. Be careful if you use gravel subrate because the gravel could have chemicals that may poison the root system. If this info. is a repeat of previous posts, my bad. Theres so many ppl who have replied and i would have to read all their replies to ensure an original response. "Aint nobody got time for dat!!"

I don't even know what bonsai means but I'm assuming you want to recreate large landscapes on a smaller scale.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store