Anybody into weight lifting/body building?

TankDempsey

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2012
Third rock from the sun
Not exact but she said about 3 months before I can start lifting again. I'm not even supposed to run until after 6 weeks but I've been trying to walk every day. My surgery was only 15 days ago.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Well I hope your recovery goes well! I couldn't imagine having to not lift for that long haha

Sent from my SCH-R530U using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Recovery is going pretty good but I've lost a lot of weight. Before surgery on an empty stomach I was 138 and this morning after eating breakfast I was 130. My muscles are looking a lot smaller already. : /

You should have seen me, before mine I was about 145, after getting out of hospital I was about 133, that was all in August and I'm now well over 150 and I don't even lift! You'll regain that in no time mate

Aw3s0m3

Piranha
MFK Member
May 6, 2012
Over there
Ya dude. Recovery sucks but once you're able to start lifting again, the gains are insane! I went into surgery weighing 175, then I had to take a month off and I was actually heavier at 185 from just being lazy and not being able to move. Then I had to start up again slowly but I gained back all my muscle in only a couple weeks and was able to lift even more than before after a month. It's amazing how your body functions when it gets a descent amount of rest

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Thanks guys. Can't wait to start lifting again!!

I highly recommend you buy the e-book for "Wendler 531" and "beyond 531". Has some really good templates for recovery protocols, as well as being the best book I have ever read for training with weights.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Vanimal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2012
Florida
Yesterday was my first time running again. I only went a mile and I was able to jog most of it and today I got a little further. I've also been doing some squats and lunges. I think I'll be back in the gym pretty soon.

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
IScELUzLnAk.jpgIMG_20140716_095459_108.jpghere is me. i mostly do bodyweight training (pull ups and pushups) and really light weight training (hi reps)

IScELUzLnAk.jpg

IMG_20140716_095459_108.jpg

koi9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2011
california
Back at it again after 1 month of no weights. Back to sore muscles. Lol

Sent from my Huawei Y301A1 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com