Anyone have any hybrid projects going on?

sarmatian07

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2020
I said “nearly all” f1 look like trash. It’s a lottery to find one worth a damn. To can talk all you want, actions speak louder than words and I back up what I talk. I have grown thousands and and thousands of F1 hybrids out to 9 months so I have a pretty damn good understanding of what you will get. I don’t do this early culling bullshit like everyone claims. F2s, yes will be all over the place if inbred. That’s what happens when you start paring up recessive alleles.
Based on your experience, in order to get F2 SRT, should I breed F1 female with a father or better with F1 brother?

IMG_9499.JPG

tthompson67e1r9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2021
From what I can tell the only breed or strain that I would even consider a strain or breed is srd. They are the only to me that

Reactions: Bbuckley

tthompson67e1r9

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2021
It really depends on which has the best traits. Your inbreeding score will be higher with the brother than with the father. Breeding with the brother will narrow down the gene pool faster than using the father Resulting in the traits you select for showing up more often. I would only use the father if he has better traits than a sibling or if the siblings are infertile/not mature for a few more years and your impatient to wait that long.

Reactions: Bbuckley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store