Anyone Have Frontier as a Cable/Internet Provider?

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
i'm gonna be moving really soon and i can get fios in that area

was just wondering if anyone has frontier cable. i'm probably gonna get their internet regardless but i'm unsure how their cable is. it'll save me some money getting frontier's package deal but i just hope i don't dislike the cable

i have had directv for years now. one time i switched to time warner just to try it out and i didn't like it so i switched back to directv.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Never heard of em.It seems that Comcast has this area locked up.

Imsobored152

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
Palm Bay, Fl
i'm gonna be moving really soon and i can get fios in that area

was just wondering if anyone has frontier cable. i'm probably gonna get their internet regardless but i'm unsure how their cable is. it'll save me some money getting frontier's package deal but i just hope i don't dislike the cable

i have had directv for years now. one time i switched to time warner just to try it out and i didn't like it so i switched back to directv.
I hated directv. It wasnt bad when it was a clear day, but any clouds and it would cut out. Rainy season in Fl, so cable,cut out every afternoon/evening. I use KODI now to watch everything. No cable bill for me

Reactions: Dieselhybrid

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Yeah, I was going to be slightly snarky and say nothing could be worse than Direct TV. I had the same issues with the freezing (across two houses and three dishes) because it never rains or drizzles in Seattle during football season. Also, they wouldn't adjust our channels to our time zone. But obviously if you have had them for years, you haven't had issues.

I've never had Frontier, but when I worked at Staples I had a lot of people complain about it. Mostly customer service wise though, not technical service if that helps.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
The only advantage of direct tv to any actual cable one is the cost is less... but they have crappy service, as mentioned they cut out as soon as there is a rain cloud in the sky. I loved having Time warner but the cost was too much.

On being dependable it was: Time warner, Suddenlink, ATT U-verse, Dish, Direct TV

On Cost: Direct TV, Dish, ATT U-verse, Suddenlink, Time warner

See that? Total opposite.

Imsobored152

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
Palm Bay, Fl
The only advantage of direct tv to any actual cable one is the cost is less... but they have crappy service, as mentioned they cut out as soon as there is a rain cloud in the sky. I loved having Time warner but the cost was too much.

On being dependable it was: Time warner, Suddenlink, ATT U-verse, Dish, Direct TV

On Cost: Direct TV, Dish, ATT U-verse, Suddenlink, Time warner

See that? Total opposite.
All cable is waaaay over priced. Its getting ridiculous now

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
i agree, cable is one of the biggest rip offs of all time. along with bottled water, diamonds and insurance

anyways, i'm surprised by all the directv posts. i love directv. now, granted the customer service sucks. but i think they all suck. but the product itself, i don't have any issues with it. maybe our storms don't get as bad, but rain, wind, hail, clouds.....none of those things affect my cable signal.

the only time my cable was affected was when the neighbor's tree's branches grew in front of my satellite, that affected my signal and would cut off. i took a saw and sawed off the branches and it fixed it.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
i'm going to get a fire stick and do away with cable altogether. maybe just keep netflix and sign up for amazon prime and use their streaming services

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store