APISTOGRAMMA AND OTHER NEW WORLD DWARF CICHLIDS

itzacraze

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2008
syracuse
ive been looking into some other dwarfs aside from the ram, im going to try the cakatoo great info to compare now i only wish i had more space to give them all a shot

Albel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
Canada
Am I reading right? I could put an apistogrammaramirezi in my 15 gallon? Will he live well? Its a 15 gallon long but still.... it seems so small a home.. could he truly be happy in there? How about a couple? Would two of them be too tight in 60L of water? And if I can only get one, what other fish would do well with him in only 60L? :)
Teach me masters! :headbang2

Passionate 4 pikes

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2008
Manaus, Brazil
yes the ram could live happily... actually depends on the dimensions and the stocking;) it could actually live in a 10 gallon whith like five cardinals and plants (20 inch long + is recommended) and it would need good filtration. try it you will enjoy one.
oddball can i add some???
a pair MIGHT work in a 15 long. they CAN breed in a three gallon (not recommended of course)

bikerboy92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2008
Austin Tx
www.myspace.com
but all that is is just the basic knowledge of dwarfs but you know you gotta show it off to those who don't know

sorry i love dwarfs and i can answer alot of questions

NonstickRon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Daytona Beach, FL
Nice. I'm a bit sad to find out how shortlived German Blue and Bolivian Rams are. :\

budhigh

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
Kitimat BC
Excellent post. I have been searching for info on Microgeopha ramirezi.I recently purchased 12 of the angel ram variety. I have read some articles that recommend a fine sandy substrate for these little guys.Does anyone have any advice in this area?

rainbowfishpc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 25, 2008
Some town
Wow wait, you left out Steel Blue Apisto. Great Apisto, I'm working on getting mine a cave. I hope to get some more Apistos.

rootpro6

Feeder Fish
Dec 3, 2008
Chicago
quick question for all u apisto people. Is a borelli supposed to be a dark blue color? I just bought some and they are dark blue and a little black in them? Any help here!? And is there any easier way I could sex them? I will go back to the store once I find out. R the top back fins of the borelli of the male supposed to be longer and come to a point? I mean the top and bottom back fins. Where as the female is more rounded ones?

bl00

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
Baltimore
Root...bors are generally light blue in body with yellow on the face and fins. Unless they are extremely young, the males should have significantly more pointy and long fins

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store