Are fish flakes a good stable diet for a baby Bichir?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Alrighty so I've got the sand in and the bichirs love it! Since I was going to have everyone out of the tank, I decided it would be the perfect chance to add just one more poly to have 3...so I went to the same store and bought this other feisty teugelsi...But I woke up this morning and found that it was seriously fighting with my other teug!!! What? I thought these were friendly to one another? Also, I've seen people keep bichirs literally one on top of each other and see no fighting...Why are these two fighting with so much room? Is it because they are the same type? I'm gonna be taking my new teug back to the store at this point :/
For the most part they are peaceful but every now amd then you come across a trouble maker. Some of use have had this problem and for some it died down and for others the fish had to be removed.

Try changing the decor around and break up established territories. Also could just be a hierarchy thing and will die down soon

Ryan029

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2016
Colorado
Try changing the decor around and break up established territories. Also could just be a hierarchy thing and will die down soon
Ok thanks for the advice....I put up a video if you're interested, I'd love to hear feedback on setup and whatnot so I can make changes as needed. Here's the link:

I took the chance to feed the new poly while I had it in timeout and it ate very quickly so maybe it was just hangry? Its back in the tank now, i'll just have to keep an eye on it and let you know what happens. I"m still tempted to just take it back in a way...

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Ryan029

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2016
Colorado
alrighty well no such luck...been reading and watching the tank all morning, the 2 teugs finally found each other and immediately went at it. It's strange the delhezi and teug can hang out right next to each other and be fine but not the two teugelsi's. I'll be making a trip back to the store...Guess I have a 2 bichir tank officially!

Reactions: Polyaddict86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store