Are the baby golden nugget plecos?

Shanlynn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2018
I have a 270g stocked tank I inherited when we bought our house. I have almost no knowledge about most of it. Well today in the sump/wet dry (which has a serious snail issue, so i never look closely), i found a lot of these little fish. I am leaning toward them being hillstream loaches since I have seen them dancing around. But the color looks very similar to the golden nugget pleco (of which there are two adult looking ones in the tank). I also feel like they would have grown too quickly to be plecos?

Anyhow, the pics are pretty bad, but i am hoping for help with ID and info on caring for tiny babies that are 1/2 to 1 inch.

Thanks!

Screenshot_20180405-204641.png

Shanlynn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2018
That would be pretty awkward simce we only have one young bristlenose that was recently added and is fairly small.

For side suckers, we only have a couple golden nuggets (i'll post a picture so i can make sure i identified these correctly) of unknown age and 3 hillstream loaches. Then we have one of several other species.

Can they cross breed?

Shanlynn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2018
So y'all are all thinking they look more like a pleco than a hillstream loach? Because that would mean that we had an accidental golden nugget pleco breeding. And i can't even find any info that they are bred in captivity.

lmt6600

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2010
Nunya
Your little Plecos are common bristle nose, they are not gold nugget, they are cool cleaners tho. I would like to see a pic of your 270

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store