Around the fish room

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Red melon sword?? It's not super red but it does have some red.
The sword is a bushy plant, are you wanting more of a vertical plant?
Space is to small for swords. I do want something vertical. Most stem plants die on me, like I said I don't usually do ferts. I love the way they look just can't seem to keep them alive. I had a high tech tank years ago but got tired of dosing and didn't and still don't want to put in the effort on dry ferts.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I'll search around for you and see if I can find something for you bud. No promises though.

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
Water sprite is a easy lush plant, doesn’t require anything just some nitrates, Val is awesome looking, but I think needs root taps or planted substrate.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Water sprite is a easy lush plant, doesn’t require anything just some nitrates, Val is awesome looking, but I think needs root taps or planted substrate.
I love val. It is a plant substrate. Two actually a high iron and a high in carbonate one. I bet val will go nuts and that may not be a good thing. But it is on my mind. Just really wanted a redish plant....but alas my ability lacks harshly in stem plants and that is where most of the reds come from.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Those stupid crayfish started destroying the chain swords. Hope they make a come back. I may try some cherry shrimp as the puffers didn't go after the teeny tiny Cray's when they were teeny tiny. Just for some diversity and algae control.

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
I love val. It is a plant substrate. Two actually a high iron and a high in carbonate one. I bet val will go nuts and that may not be a good thing. But it is on my mind. Just really wanted a redish plant....but alas my ability lacks harshly in stem plants and that is where most of the reds come from.
Have you considered aquarium lilly? They are easy too grow, nice and red and bulb plants always come back, after you kill them lol.

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I have a couple in my 75 that do great. I was originally thinking red tiger lotus but not the shape I'm looking for. I'm thinking rotala or ludwigia but 1 they are stems and 2 really need a high tech set up to do and look the best. Maybe one of the swords? The Rubin looks to have a narrow leaf structure.

Reactions: TheWolfman
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store