Around the fish room

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
So here is a video of some of the babies that are currently in my Tang tank. Last time I missed getting them on video. They are not terrible parents but the males will eat the babies given the chance. I still don't have a good set up to raise them. I said next time I would catch them out and put them in a grow out tank. Well I was wrong haven't had the time. I guess it'll be next time again.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
So here is a video of some of the babies that are currently in my Tang tank. Last time I missed getting them on video. They are not terrible parents but the males will eat the babies given the chance. I still don't have a good set up to raise them. I said next time I would catch them out and put them in a grow out tank. Well I was wrong haven't had the time. I guess it'll be next time again.
I'm looking into shell dwellers myself for a 20 long, you have any recommendations?

Reactions: beau1990

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I'm looking into shell dwellers myself for a 20 long, you have any recommendations?
Multis are good brevis are too. Most shellies are about the same for care all water parameters are the same, sizes differ and fish can act a little different. The two I listed above are some of the more common ones. Similis, ocellatus are some that are around from time to time but more rare. The ones I have are meeli and not common at all. Information is sketchy at best on these guys. As for appearance people would say they are more bland then the others I've mentioned except for maybe the brevis, but I like the blotchy camo pattern and blue eyes. I went to get ocellatus from a local guy and when I got there they were brevis so I left. I stopped at a local (to him) fish store they had these....not a wasted 1.5hr drive after all.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Sad day. Lost my schoutdeni last night. Not sure why. She was acting fine yesterday. I'm think for some reason she had some how sucked in air and couldn't release it. I found her floundering at the surface. I gently tried to burp her when I found her this morning. A little air bubble or two came out but it was to late she went lifeless a few minutes later. By burping her I mean I held her near the bottom of the tank and gently massaged the air bubble. I am really broken up by this as I didn't or couldn't do anything for her.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Reactions: twentyleagues
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store