Arowana tank: Gallons vs. Dimensions.

STONEDFISH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I want to get an Arowana tank going but I'm confused because there are dimensions or gallons given as a measure on these huge tanks. Which is more important and what are some guidelines for Silvers and Jardidnis.

Thanks in advance.....

DeLgAdO

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
Chula Vista, CA (San Diego)
www.myspace.com
its all about dimensions, you could have a 600 gal tank be 1foot x 1 foot x 600 feet and thats no good for an arow, an arow should have a tank at least 3 feet wide 2 feet tall and 6 or 7 feet long, yes, my arows tank is small but hes stuck in their until i find more space and a bigger tank.

wmkr

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
m'sia
DeLgAdO said:
its all about dimensions, you could have a 600 gal tank be 1foot x 1 foot x 600 feet and thats no good for an arow, an arow should have a tank at least 3 feet wide 2 feet tall and 6 or 7 feet long, yes, my arows tank is small but hes stuck in their until i find more space and a bigger tank.

i'm thinking of doing a 6x3x2 plywood tank... will it be okay.....

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
DeLgAdO said:
I want that long tank.

TAT2DRAGON

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2005
STONEDFISH said:
I want to get an Arowana tank going but I'm confused because there are dimensions or gallons given as a measure on these huge tanks. Which is more important and what are some guidelines for Silvers and Jardidnis.

Thanks in advance.....
Its all about surface area (height is totally irrelevant with in reason) the wider the tank the better but it also adds alot to the cost of the tank. minimum of 6 ft and as wide as you can possibly afford to have built. standard 125 gal 6ft by 18 inches is too small though.

Dragon Keeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2005
WESTERN S'PORE
STONEDFISH said:

Thanks in advance.....
Recommended for Adult Aros.
The general guidelines are: No of Aro Tank size ( LxWXH )
1 4'X2'x2' ( min )
5 6'X2.5'X2' ( min )
9 10'X 3'X2.5' (min )
These are the dimensions I encountered from tank makers here. These are only guidelines, of cos the bigger/larger the tank the better for the Aro. Need to compliment the tank with correct Filtration system too. eg IOS , Sump and etc...

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
wouldnt a 600 x 1 x 1 foot tank be way more than 600 gallons.. and yes I would shoot for something three feet wide... 8 feet long and 2 feet high..

STONEDFISH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Only 2 feet high? Don't these guys like to jump out of tanks? I guess it wouldn't matter how tall it was, it could still get out if it wants to.

Caveman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2005
Washington State
unknownuza13 said:
wouldnt a 600 x 1 x 1 foot tank be way more than 600 gallons.. and yes I would shoot for something three feet wide... 8 feet long and 2 feet high..
I think that is like 4,495 gallons.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store