Arowana tank: Gallons vs. Dimensions.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
STONEDFISH said:
How long could an arowana live in a 5 gallon hex? No, I'm not serious.
Anyways, So 30 inches wide, 48 inches long, and 24 inches high will be good to keep one Silver in. Can that be kept on the second floor? That will weigh a lot.
Then I'll see what else can live with the Arowana.
For your not serious question, around 2 months for an eggyolk black. So I have been told by someone who cracked his 150g the same day he bought the aro.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
STONEDFISH said:
Anyways, So 30 inches wide, 48 inches long, and 24 inches high will be good to keep one Silver in. Can that be kept on the second floor? That will weigh a lot.
Then I'll see what else can live with the Arowana.

I would still have to say that is too small. Even if the tank is 30" deep, if an arrowana is getting up to 36" it will want more than a foot to swim before it has to turn around. He will be a jumper for sure when he gets full grown. He will be fine in that tank for a good majority of his life, however..

Look at some of the dimensions on glasscages.com. Get yourself a tank that is 72x24x13.. Its about the same amount of weight as the tank you already listed, but tons more swimming space. Not sure exactly how the Aro would react to such a shallow tank, but I think he would be fine. If you are worried about the weight, find out which way your floorboards are running. Set a long tank (like the one I mentioned) lengthwise against a wall, so that it has as many beams as possible running opposite direction the tank is facing. I hope that made sense..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store