Arowana wanting to breed with stingray?!wtf?

Damascus

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2020
That's pretty trippy and she seems to be okay with it or she would have stung him by now I would think
Rays seem to have a high tolerance for bull****. At least mine seem to. I took away their sand because they and the oscars were feeding the fx6s mouthfuls of sand. They have since taken to "blowing" on each other and trying to kick flip my arowana, much to her annoyance. New antics include running up the side of the tank, and jumping onto the backs of larger fish, as well as shoveling each other off the ground.

In my experience, pearl rays (captive or wild) and wild caught rays are most likely to sting, although the chances of this depend greatly on the individual. As long as your ray isn't stressed for trying to get away, it is likely curious behavior that will pass. If not, you will be the proud parent of something akin to if Ms. Piggy and Kermit had a kid.

Best of luck with your "needy" arowana ?

DanHOB

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2017
Essex
www.facebook.com
Rays seem to have a high tolerance for bull****. At least mine seem to. I took away their sand because they and the oscars were feeding the fx6s mouthfuls of sand. They have since taken to "blowing" on each other and trying to kick flip my arowana, much to her annoyance. New antics include running up the side of the tank, and jumping onto the backs of larger fish, as well as shoveling each other off the ground.

In my experience, pearl rays (captive or wild) and wild caught rays are most likely to sting, although the chances of this depend greatly on the individual. As long as your ray isn't stressed for trying to get away, it is likely curious behavior that will pass. If not, you will be the proud parent of something akin to if Ms. Piggy and Kermit had a kid.

Best of luck with your "needy" arowana ?
she is quite chilled tbh,she’ll happily sit there with him sitting on her and don’t seem fazed by it.
Although our last Aro died under suspicious circumstances and she was definitely high up on the possible cause of it. But he’s been doing this for months so hoping they have an understanding.
He even girates like he’s getting very excited ? stupid bloody fish!?

• Haha
Reactions: Matteus

Damascus

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2020
she is quite chilled tbh,she’ll happily sit there with him sitting on her and don’t seem fazed by it.
Although our last Aro died under suspicious circumstances and she was definitely high up on the possible cause of it. But he’s been doing this for months so hoping they have an understanding.
He even girates like he’s getting very excited ? stupid bloody fish!?
If your last aro turned up dead, my guess would be your ray offed it. If she didn't tag it, rays usually pin annoying things to the side of the glass and munch on them. Sooner or later she might decide your shiny gyrating arowana has gotta go ??

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I wonder how long before that Aro ends up with a barbed stinger through its side? The ray doesn't look interested, and No means No...

But hey, maybe you'll get lucky and get a spawn out of these two. Considering the flocks of people who are actually attracted to goofball hybrid creations like Flowerhorns, think of how much interest you could generate in Stingowanas! You'll be rich! :)
Haha I have a friend who had a stingowana once. His albino silver had a barb through its front lip, was swimming around and eating like nothing happened. Kind of like a weird looking unicorn.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store