ArttyFish Mixed Pygo Shoal LED Shimmering Effect Set Up

KRSwop1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
Okay, so my light just got here and there's no plug attached. I thought all I'd have to do is plug it in. I'm more mechanically inclined, not so much one for wiring and electrical. I'm a little inclined to just cut a wire off an old blow dryer and hope the wires inside are the same colors and that I don't burn down the house lol. But really, how did you guys wire yours and is there a clamp or something I can use to make sure both ends don't pull apart? Not really a fan of the idea of just using electrical tape.

jp80911

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
NJ
wow no plug attached? that sucks. did you call them to see if thats the way it should be?? or you just got a unfinished unit?

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
:popcorn: I need to know also.

ArttyFish

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
The Land Of Fish Lovers
jp80911;4813871; said:
can use
and electrical tape
That is exactly what you should use. Go to home depot or lowes. They are about 3-5 bucks for a box and that would be completely safe for home usage.
Here is how I did mine. Match up the colors exactly...

ArttyFish

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
The Land Of Fish Lovers
jp80911;4813844; said:
wow no plug attached? that sucks. did you call them to see if thats the way it should be?? or you just got a unfinished unit?
That's how they should be. They come raw and ready to be wired in. I have posted a very clear pic of how the wire colors should be so you guys should have no problems. And definitely use those orange wire caps as JP posted. They are completely safe and for home wiring. The crimps I used are not really rated for home use, but I do not have any problems with them.

H20Boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2005
Hilton Head Island, SC
The Frosted side of me says Ghetto!
But the Wheat of me thinks thay came cheap.

I would think that the most of these light are sold as a reto to be wired "in place of" existing light fixture. If that be the case, I will take cheap anyday.

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
call me crazy but how do those wires match up? those are not matching in color. Am I missing something like a key chart.

What exactly did you ended up wiring the lights to your wife's hair dryer? what did you use?

ArttyFish

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
The Land Of Fish Lovers
H20Boy;4814063; said:
The Frosted side of me says Ghetto!
But the Wheat of me thinks thay came cheap.

I would think that the most of these light are sold as a reto to be wired "in place of" existing light fixture. If that be the case, I will take cheap anyday.
No these lights were meant to be LED spotlights for outdoor accent lighting like for example lighting up your landscaping and side of the house. You know the special lighting people with mansions and nice homes have. Mounted on the ground and shinning up a tree or a nice shrub. They are completely waterproof for that reason and can withstand rainfall. I have adapted them to lighting up my aquariums because they are a very bright, nice and super energy efficient as well as inexpensive for how much light your getting.Plus they are LED so the never burn out or need bulb replacing at all for like 20 years! It is so easy to wire these up! I mean you'd had to be mentally challenged if you can't figure it out. If you cant read just "look At The Pictures":nilly::nilly:

ArttyFish

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
The Land Of Fish Lovers
bomber;4814072; said:
call me crazy but how do those wires match up? those are not matching in color. Am I missing something like a key chart.

What exactly did you ended up wiring the lights to your wife's hair dryer? what did you use?
Bomber , trust me wire it up as in my picture. dont even try matching color to color. The guy that owns the company these lights came from showed me excactly to do it this way and all 6 of my LED's are done this way and they all work all day long. Raw cords are sold at home depot and lowes for about $2-3 dollars so please don't cut up your wifes blow-dryer!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store