Atractosteus tropicus

Leebtattoos

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2012
Lampasas, Texas
I’ve kept Florida’s plenty. Just wanted ones I haven’t kept in the past. I am going to collect longnose and true spotted in the spring. Plenty of those around here. I also plan on a few trips up to Oklahoma/Lake texoma area for shortnose.
Meh expensive doesn’t define value

Troy1015

Banned
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2011
Seattle
Wish I could get a short nose. Nest on my list is true spotted. Cubans make me nervous since they are ph sensitive. How's yours doing? And I agree price doesn't define value albeit it does help the wallet.

Leebtattoos

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2012
Lampasas, Texas
Wish I could get a short nose. Nest on my list is true spotted. Cubans make me nervous since they are ph sensitive. How's yours doing? And I agree price doesn't define value albeit it does help the wallet.
He’s ok. Not nearly as good as the tropicals. Those guys are like Florida’s imo. Nothing seems to bother them except when I had a really bad freeze and the temps dropped

The Cuban looks amazing one day, then looks “ok” the next. Ph and temp to has stabilized so he’s progressing well.

A buddy says he has a place that spotted gar get stuck in some pools and are super easy to catch. Once I have a few consecutive weeks of warmer weather I’m going up there to see what I can catch.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Subbed for updates!-)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store