Australian Arowana Jardini Saratoga Swimming Slanted/Sideways

narayanang76

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore, India
Fish looks stressed. Once it gets used to surroundings should be back to normal. Doesn't seem to be SBD.

Couple of observations or suggestions:

1) Nitrate 20 PPM may be on a higher side. Try to do a partial water change and see nitrate level again. Repeat this for twice / thrice a week and see if it improves.

2) Observe a bit more closely and see any of his Pectoral / Pelvic fins have any damage or infection.

3) I felt he is always going back to the area where there is no gravel on the bottom of tank. Try covering that with the gravel or move the entire gravel to the other corner and see if it showing any other mannerisms.

cheers, narayanang76

Owens

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2012
Southern Maryland
I don't have any advice, but I visited a LFS recently and they had 5-6, 6-12" Jardinis who did the same exact thing. Was weird, all swam slanted like that.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Is the lighting on the tank above? Or off to the side of the tank? Fish often "vertically" align themselves toward the light source a opposed to the opposite of gravity.

kim91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2016
Santa Ana
Sorry for the late update, but here he is now. He's better than before and he is very aggressive. Every time i try to put my hands in the glass he tries to bite it, and whenever i put my hands underwater i always watch him coz im afraid he's going to snap my fingers off! lol

Thank you so much guys for all the help. I really appreciate it.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Nice :) looking like it's got true jardini attitude ,definitely only bottom dwellers as tank mates for that one I wouldn't waste your money trying Imo it'll end in death.
I wouldn't worry about any health issues your jar looks very healthy I think the side swimming was just due to settling into new surroundings.
Look forward to updates keep em coming , in the meantime watch your fingers lol

Dee eng

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2015
Cambodia
Sorry for the late update, but here he is now. He's better than before and he is very aggressive. Every time i try to put my hands in the glass he tries to bite it, and whenever i put my hands underwater i always watch him coz im afraid he's going to snap my fingers off! lol

Thank you so much guys for all the help. I really appreciate it.

He's badass!

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
awesome !! watching your video makes me want another one . i had a couple in the past , not together but i loved them .
this guy is wicked . mine were aggressive and would jump from water and grab food from my hand . sometimes latching right onto my figures and drawing blood . but i dont ever remember them acting as aggressive as this guy . that is a special fish you got there ;)

Reactions: Evz jardini

kim91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2016
Santa Ana
Nice :) looking like it's got true jardini attitude ,definitely only bottom dwellers as tank mates for that one I wouldn't waste your money trying Imo it'll end in death.
I wouldn't worry about any health issues your jar looks very healthy I think the side swimming was just due to settling into new surroundings.
Look forward to updates keep em coming , in the meantime watch your fingers lol
I know, he already killed my rtc and tsn, :( RIP for those catfishes. He got an attitude of a traitor. I was watching them and they were doing fine but he'll just let you sleep and by the time you wakes up he'll give you a gift of a dead fish, :mad:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store