Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

John182

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2018
Kunkletown, PA
Good morning MFK!

As the website has started to come back to life over the past year or so, the awards program has enjoyed a similar upswing in activity.

As such, I've been keeping an eye on the various awards for which members have been nominated, and I have noticed a trend that I wish to attempt to arrest.

Nearly every award for which someone was nominated was a contributor award. The initial intent of this award was to recognize members who contributed to the improvement of the overall knowledge base of the community.

However, these awards have come to be used to recognize those individuals who are active contributors to discussions in the community. While an understandable trend, this isn't what I had in mind.

With the blessing of the community, I wish to appropriate my Achievement and Commendation medal icons (with a new gold level) to become the contributor awards, with the current contributor award icons to be used for those individuals who have made some sort of scientific contribution to the community.

The main motivation here is to get a little variety to the icons people have beside their names, we could potentially have more than just books and cameras lol.

neoprodigy neoprodigy JK47 JK47 Oddball Oddball Gr8KarmaSF Gr8KarmaSF benzjamin13 benzjamin13 Aquanero Aquanero Chaitika Chaitika Pharaoh Pharaoh UnstoppableJayD UnstoppableJayD koltsixx koltsixx

(I know I'm forgetting something off our active staff, please tag!)
Very nice!

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Thank you for the feedback everyone. I have recently been awarded the permissions in the system to be able to make the changes that I need to make for this. I'll begin work as soon as I am able to; we're just now entering the busy season at work.

Thank you for your continued support and cooperation with me through this process. I know it's been painful. The MFK team works hard to try to make your experience better, even if the processes in play aren't always visible to you as they're happening. Getting the Shop straightened out was a higher priority than the awards program, and now that that is fixed I'll begin with this pet project of mine. :)

Cichlid guy 75

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2018
Good morning MFK!

As the website has started to come back to life over the past year or so, the awards program has enjoyed a similar upswing in activity.

As such, I've been keeping an eye on the various awards for which members have been nominated, and I have noticed a trend that I wish to attempt to arrest.

Nearly every award for which someone was nominated was a contributor award. The initial intent of this award was to recognize members who contributed to the improvement of the overall knowledge base of the community.

However, these awards have come to be used to recognize those individuals who are active contributors to discussions in the community. While an understandable trend, this isn't what I had in mind.

With the blessing of the community, I wish to appropriate my Achievement and Commendation medal icons (with a new gold level) to become the contributor awards, with the current contributor award icons to be used for those individuals who have made some sort of scientific contribution to the community.

The main motivation here is to get a little variety to the icons people have beside their names, we could potentially have more than just books and cameras lol.

neoprodigy neoprodigy JK47 JK47 Oddball Oddball Gr8KarmaSF Gr8KarmaSF benzjamin13 benzjamin13 Aquanero Aquanero Chaitika Chaitika Pharaoh Pharaoh UnstoppableJayD UnstoppableJayD koltsixx koltsixx

(I know I'm forgetting something off our active staff, please tag!)
How do you enter your aquarium in the contest?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I've got this seemingly simple but gigantically difficult update nearly done. I have to go through and update every user who has gotten a contributor award over the past seven years manually. The gold and silver should be done, and I'll get the bronze in a day or two.

Itsadeepbluesea

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2008
I've got this seemingly simple but gigantically difficult update nearly done. I have to go through and update every user who has gotten a contributor award over the past seven years manually. The gold and silver should be done, and I'll get the bronze in a day or two.
Thank you for your hard work and dedication!

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
I think someone should get a nomination for their tinkering and hard work :p I’m not saying who but it starts with a Chic

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Let's throw the man a party ;)

Reactions: mrrobxc
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store