Azul grow out thread

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
There doing some growing by the sounds of it. Be interesting to see how it heals up only time will tell with that one, regardless should still live on fine. My squads growing I’ll get some better pics later but here’s the most recent. Biggest ones are 12”plus I drew some sharpie lines on one side of the tank in 12” increments to get a more accurate idea on size. They’ve definitely have a pecking order going. Still not having any major aggression issues the one or two random fin splits but that’s about it. View attachment 1420726

looking good!

i’ve got something similar - 9 mixed cichla with 1 arow.

was thinking of adding a ray or two...

how’s your water? whats your filter situation?

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
looking good!

i’ve got something similar - 9 mixed cichla with 1 arow.

was thinking of adding a ray or two...

how’s your water? whats your filter situation?
I’m running a pool filter and a 240gallon sump with the top reasonably planted out. I’m on pure rain water so my ph sits at 5.8-6.2 and nitrates are around 15-30ppm before water change which is 75percent around every 5 days. Long term I’ll either have to upgrade or thin out the stock.

Reactions: dr exum

Peckoltia

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
Rhyno - Bass and Uaru are looking mint man! Big fan of the pure motoros too.

My big male is going well prob 45cm and really beefy - two smaller females are getting a bit beat up by tankmates but not a huge concern. I have had white/cream coloured tiles in my tank. lately I've had a bit of stubborn hard to clean green algae turn up that's infested my tiles. The outcome has been that it has darkened the tank a bit and has really brought out the colours in the Azuls. I have bought a heap of black tiles that I'll cut and replace my current tiles with hopefully this weekend. Interested to see what black floor black background will have on the Azuls colour!

bass.jpg

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
looking good! tank stock looks a little thinned out...

any breeding behavior?

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
looking good! tank stock looks a little thinned out...

any breeding behavior?
Still got all the bass in there they just split up into smaller groups then merge together. Thought two might of been pairing up but no real breeding signs. I’ll rehome some smaller bass soon just trying to find someone with proper space.

Reactions: dr exum
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store