Background

Ali1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
i also heard of people using vegetable oil and smear it all over a black background (from lfs) and stick it under there... then u got to use a credit card to squeeze out all the air and bubbles inside..... looked crappy when i did it and very hard.... so i took it off immediately and spray painted it

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
spray paint mine black-Anne

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
same here painted black.
i'm going to try putting a mirror in back of a tank
anyone ever triied that?

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I like wrinkled aluminum foil, or crazed paint. If I paint it I protect the paint with contact paper.

boredcpl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
lawrencburg,indiana
orlok said:
On my 72 I used vinyl floor tile that looks like stone.
I attached them to a piece of plexi glass and mounted that combo with velcro to the back of the tank.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/4556/cat/500/page/1
thats an idea.. me and my cousin was looking at the rock wall looking vinyl that you use on the out side of above ground basements. we was talking about putting it in the tank but with the hang on filters you would have to modify it to much.. he is looking for an inside tank background cause his back wall on the tank is patched.. and its ugly looking

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
great thread everyone. Im lazy and i just buy those plain backgrounds or some with rocks in em. I have also tried painting the background blue in the past.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
i painted one of my tanks... i want to have them all done tho.

i have done a green(to match my basement) as in my 90G

but i want to do black on my 75

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store