Background

ShadowVengance

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
your house
A tip for tape on backgrounds you'd find at the lfs:

If you spray the glass of the side of the tank you wanna apply the background to with water, and put the background on, and rub out all the bubbles of air, it'll stick nicely and not look like crap, it'll have a painted on feel.

hope that helps some

cabouta1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
Houston, Texas
just removed a mirror of a 55 gallon, it had cracked and since I was selling it people thought the tank was cracked. Looked decent.

Fish_are_fishfood

Sea Robin
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
MA
No background, my tank is in the middle of a 2nd floor hallway. Comming up/down the stairs you can see in the back of my tank, which is pretty cool, seeing how all of my monsters are babies and like to hide all over the tank. So it goes stairs-banister-tank-hall way-wall. If it was up against a wall I would put up a background, but seeing how I am able to see in the back, with a background I would loose that feature.

sohfatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
S'pore
Oyama paper is the easiest to paste and remove. A wide variety of colours available as well as it is from the advertising industry.

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
i buy the sytrofoam backgrounds u can silicone into the back of the tank on the inside. its great coz u got the dark back but also has a little contouring. I've seen some pretty neat backgrounds at the lfs done by silicone flat stones to the back of the tank.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
I dont have a background, my tank sits in my wall inbetween my office and living room. :)

Check out my gallery pic if interested... :)

buffalo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2005
Hurst, TX
I recently read about using aluminum foil for its ability to reflect light and really brighten up a tank, but I wonder about heat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store