Barramundi care

Chris006

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2007
Brick
In Jersey, the Asian fish stores sell them for $9/lbs (LIVE). Nice... compared to the pet stores that sell the 4 incs at $30.

fishe

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2012
NY
Just go to china town, i see them all the time live in tanks, bring a bucket, there very cheap. They do get big fast!! At least a 9x3x3 tank minimum i would say. Just like all other monsters, clean water, no feeders, tankmates are anything big enough not to be food. Pbass rays aros

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
United Species of Arowana
get ready for a pond folks. At least a 1000 gallons for these monsters. These guys live in austrialia so many in the mid 7os for the temperature would be good. with a good sized tank, they can get to 3 feet!! NOT FOR THE NOOBS. no they aren't school fish and they are highly predetory. They can eat any fish that can fit in it's mouth. maybe some large tough fish like arowanas, peacock bass etc.
You need to refrain from spewing garbage, when you have no idea about the fish you comment... :screwy:

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Yeah they do get big but they are great fish! Very expensive (so if your starting go for the Nile Perch). And big exotic monsters will do well. Good temperature and an 8 feet tank would be ideal. Their behavior with other Barramundi can get aggressive, more or less like cichla. Great fish too keep. But you need to be prepared, nothing to start with..
G'day all,

I have a barra at the moment. Have grown him up from young (around 1.5") to around 7" (that size at the moment) with 4 mono p bass. The problem with barra is they grow so quick and as previously stated, have huge mouths and anything that fits in its mouth is fair game. Over here in aus they are cheap, around $10AUS for a small one. Not very agro fish (as in territorial or nasty) just always on the watch for something to eat.

Hope this helps

Cheers
At smaller size (less than 12in) they're very sensitive with ammonia, so more often water change is better (2-3 times a week). At bigger size, weekly water change is recommended. They like cold water, 70 or less.

jlnguyen74

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Just go to china town, i see them all the time live in tanks, bring a bucket, there very cheap. They do get big fast!! At least a 9x3x3 tank minimum i would say. Just like all other monsters, clean water, no feeders, tankmates are anything big enough not to be food. Pbass rays aros

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
In Jersey, the Asian fish stores sell them for $9/lbs (LIVE). Nice... compared to the pet stores that sell the 4 incs at $30.
Some of those live ones sold at the market may be brackish..

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
You need to refrain from spewing garbage, when you have no idea about the fish you comment... :screwy:
:chillpill:ok there buddy, i'm not the one that overstocking tanks and putting aimara with other fish.....how do you keep the fish, put it in a 50 gallon?

mr fishy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
florida
:chillpill:ok there buddy, i'm not the one that overstocking tanks and putting aimara with other fish.....how do you keep the fish, put it in a 50 gallon?
Dont hate on him he has more experience with fish then you.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1344551571.393925.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store