Best pellet for flowerhorn

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
im not trying to argue with you guys lol, im just posting my opinion like everyone else...
I am not arguing either but you seem to miss the point every time. Who are you talking about? I just went through all posts, again, just now.

OKIKO has done the best for my fish than anything else ive tried
And I am not opposing it, it might be the best food you tried feeding your flowerhorn. I am saying, it's still not good for the fish's health. Only point you keep making is your fish is better so you feel it's a good food.

I added Rd.s definition about quality food and healthy fish.

im not trying to win a competition I just wanted a FH
Natural food will never help you win competition only genetics, chemicals and hormones can. I prefer to not choose last 2. You wanted a flowerhorn, you have one, feed it a healthy diet.

I am not arguing what you should feed to your fish, feed whatever you want. Don't make a claim that it's a good food.

Again, it's not good because it has too much protein. Will it kill the fish in short run, no. Will your fish look fine, sure. Does it have higher chance of running in to digestive system issues, yes.

tsde_nnino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2020
I am not arguing either but you seem to miss the point every time. Who are you talking about? I just went through all posts, again, just now.

And I am not opposing it, it might be the best food you tried feeding your flowerhorn. I am saying, it's still not good for the fish's health. Only point you keep making is your fish is better so you feel it's a good food.

I added Rd.s definition about quality food and healthy fish.

Natural food will never help you win competition only genetics, chemicals and hormones can. I prefer to not choose last 2. You wanted a flowerhorn, you have one, feed it a healthy diet.

I am not arguing what you should feed to your fish, feed whatever you want. Don't make a claim that it's a good food.

Again, it's not good because it has too much protein. Will it kill the fish in short run, no. Will your fish look fine, sure. Does it have higher chance of running in to digestive system issues, yes.
ok, so what food do you think I should use for the best long term health of my FH? I only have a few weeks of OKIKO left and im open to try what you use..

Reactions: JSpilo

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
and just curious...why is a high protein diet bad for FH?
Prone to bloat. High protein will back up a fh. Anything that can cause slow transit or constipation is bad.

tsde_nnino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2020
Prone to bloat. High protein will back up a fh. Anything that can cause slow transit or constipation is bad.
see, I think that's what the blood worms did bc his ass was literally hanging an inch out of his body for like 3 weeks and he didn't poop at all...every since I switched his food he's been fine and he ****s like hell, I have to vacuum this tank every 2 days bc between him and the pleco their **** can fill a 55 gal

tsde_nnino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2020
he wasn't eating, his head shrunk to nothing and it thought fasho he was gonna die so I went with my last option which was STOP all feeding and after about 5 days everything went away and he's been fine ever since...then he got the bump bull **** which I came to conclusion was my fault for not changing his water enough(obviously the more he grows the more he ****s = I have change the water more) and I have that under control now. and I don't think him ****tin a lot is a constipation syndrome over a ruptured rectum lol

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
ok, so what food do you think I should use for the best long term health of my FH? I only have a few weeks of OKIKO left and im open to try what you use..
Choose any new life spectrum pellets (float, cichlid etc) if you have it available, since you care more about red color as do I, ultrared is best bet.

Next best would be northfin, again you can choose any type, cichlid, jumbo, tropical sticks.

If you are strictly on budget hikari bio gold plus.

Even inexpensive one would be hikari gold or excel.

RD advised me to add NLS algaemax as 10-20% to my fish's diet and his pearls have improved tremendously. So add that as well. Veggie diet is good for your fish overall.

tsde_nnino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2020
and back to what your saying...high protein supposedly causes constipation?
Choose any new life spectrum pellets (float, cichlid etc) if you have it available, since you care more about red color as do I, ultrared is best bet.

Next best would be northfin, again you can choose any type, cichlid, jumbo, tropical sticks.

If you are strictly on budget hikari bio gold plus.

Even inexpensive one would be hikari gold or excel.

RD advised me to add NLS algaemax as 10-20% to my fish's diet and his pearls have improved tremendously. So add that as well. Veggie diet is good for your fish overall.
I want to try veggie as I read it is good for the FH but ive only tried cucumber bc ive seen a few dif vids and he definitely doesn't fucc wit it.....and the hikari gold is what I initially used with the worms.....any suggestions on vegetables?

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
and back to what your saying...high protein supposedly causes constipation?

I want to try veggie as I read it is good for the FH but ive only tried cucumber bc ive seen a few dif vids and he definitely doesn't fucc wit it.....and the hikari gold is what I initially used with the worms.....any suggestions on vegetables?
Cucumber is not good as it is not a aquatic plant. Stick to aquatic food when it come to feeding fish. Algemax so far seems like best veggie pallet from as many I have looked up.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
and just curious...why is a high protein diet bad for FH?
a high protein died can cause the fish to have kidney failure. High protein is good for small fish growing but as the fish mature it needs diet lower in protein. According to the oversea FH breeder 90% is on genetic, 5% on groom and care, 5% on food. The purpose of the enhancing foods is to maximize the FH potential then switch to a lower protein. With spirulina and kelp in the food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store