Best Sand ever!!

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Yes very easy to clean. Doesn't get sucked up the hose while vacuuming. The color has never changed. Here's a few pics of it after 2 year's in my 210.View attachment 1351781
Thank you so much for your fast response. Nice photo. What are the fish? Profile of the gold one looks killifish. Maybe. Like the way your sand drifts. Still looks great. My Torpedo Beach doesn't suck up into the vacuum tubes either. Keeps clean, very little to vaccum. Thanks for your input. This I will share with a member who will be setting up a new tank, and thinking about using Torpedo Beach. I can't post photo here (technical) so a decent fellow member posts them for me. There are some photos on thread To Sand or Not To Sand, on page 4 & 6 I think.

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Gladly, I have some photos on my phone if someone can tell me the best way to upload!

I know what you mean about the calculator...I purchased about 200lbs and was shocked when I put in around 80-90 and was done. This tells me there is a lot of space bewtween the grains (which supports the floral plant use) gving roots space for oxygen. I'll try to post up a demo showing the sand in a tube when I can. No issues with colorfastness so far...please follow the link I posted for the direct page for the floral sand. You can even just search "floral" on the site and it will come up.
For Finwin: Hello, Under Upload a file, you can use the camera option. My device still wouldn't support this format. Another member had me email the photos to him and he was able to then download them to the forum.

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Thank you so much for your fast response. Nice photo. What are the fish? Profile of the gold one looks killifish. Maybe. Like the way your sand drifts. Still looks great. My Torpedo Beach doesn't suck up into the vacuum tubes either. Keeps clean, very little to vaccum. Thanks for your input. This I will share with a member who will be setting up a new tank, and thinking about using Torpedo Beach. I can't post photo here (technical) so a decent fellow member posts them for me. There are some photos on thread To Sand or Not To Sand, on page 4 & 6 I think.
Sorry photos on pages 5 & 7.

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Sorry photos on 6
The two gold fish in the picture are Zebrina pike's. The graying one on the left is a distichodus atroventralis.
Thank you, good looking fish. Nice when they pose for you. My photos are actually on pages 5 &7 of Sand Or Not to Sand. Posted by
The two gold fish in the picture are Zebrina pike's. The graying one on the left is a distichodus atroventralis.
Nice photos. I was just now feeding my fish. Good looking fish, you have them trained to pose I suppose? My mistake, my photos of Torpedo Beach are on pages 5 & 7 of thread To Sand Or Not To Sand. I have a Golden Lab Cichlid that used to be camera shy. Not anymore.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
I would be interested in Sandtastic maintenance further in. Another member may be also as he is putting in a new tank soon and is interested in a sand substrate with minimal maintainance. So far Torpedo Beach is filling out to it's makers claim in staying put at the bottom and requiring little maintenance. In a 1½ month very slight amount of deitrus on the surface only. I sifted through and found no drek deeper in. White surface still has a sheen as when new. Not available in colors like your product--to my knowledge. I will contact CaribSea and see if colors are on the horizon.
A few pics...colors are poor, the sand is gorgeous.

20181231_123048.jpg 20181231_122852.jpg 20181231_123027.jpg

Attachments

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Sorry photos on 6

Thank you, good looking fish. Nice when they pose for you. My photos are actually on pages 5 &7 of Sand Or Not to Sand. Posted by
Nice photos. I was just now feeding my fish. Good looking fish, you have them trained to pose I suppose? My mistake, my photos of Torpedo Beach are on pages 5 & 7 of thread To Sand Or Not To Sand. I have a Golden Lab Cichlid that used to be camera shy. Not anymore.
Sorry I don't know why those duplicated. I must have touched the post button while still writing.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
20181231_123017.jpg
I would be interested in Sandtastic maintenance further in. Another member may be also as he is putting in a new tank soon and is interested in a sand substrate with minimal maintainance. So far Torpedo Beach is filling out to it's makers claim in staying put at the bottom and requiring little maintenance. In a 1½ month very slight amount of deitrus on the surface only. I sifted through and found no drek deeper in. White surface still has a sheen as when new. Not available in colors like your product--to my knowledge. I will contact CaribSea and see if colors are on the horizon.
A few pics...colors are poor, the sand is gorgeous.

View attachment 1351797 View attachment 1351797 View attachment 1351797 View attachment 1351798 View attachment 1351797 View attachment 1351798

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
If you look closely you'll see my baby oscar Brick in every pic. Kong, the Parrot, is at 6" and growing. Brick is now 3" , gaining an inch in a two week stretch. I let the Pothos do what it wants, kind of like the unstructured look. Haven't set up the 40 gallons yet for the other parrots. They will be the feature fish in those.

Fishflyer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2018
Sorry photos on pages 5 & 7.
Very nice photos, good looking sand. Nice equipment. What color is that called? I tend to like the blues. Do they have different shades of blue? Thanks for sharing that. I will pass on to the other member intereseted in sand for his upcoming new tank that you posted new photos.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store