Best wet pet

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Rob has Hoga in stock not from that order pal. Can get em anytime I believe.
Midas will be food interactive at small sizes but won't be aggressive until 10+" ime.
If you want that attitude and more buy a fh.
Good Fh are like that from 4";-)

Reactions: Bertie07

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
Rob has Hoga in stock not from that order pal. Can get em anytime I believe.
Midas will be food interactive at small sizes but won't be aggressive until 10+" ime.
If you want that attitude and more buy a fh.
Good Fh are like that from 4";-)
on yeah misread what you said before, will send him a message about them

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Several of our members have /had fahakas in the 30-36 range
Sorry buddy but you’re thinking MBU puffer at that size... largest fahaka i’ve ever heard of was i think 18 or 19” on here...

I’ve decided to divide the tank in two and get a baby Midas and a baby fahaka and see which one I like better
Just make sure the divider is strong and you decide which you want to keep within around 6-8months...

Mainly coz Fahakas at larger sizes can really put on some speed when they swim and knock down a divider if they have a more psychotic personality...

asterophysus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Canada
This is the biggest Fahaka I've seen.

There are a few videos of people petting Fahakas and Midases on YouTube. I was able to pet my both of my Fahakas, but my MiDevil was one of the meanest fish I've kept. Once he reached the 12-13" mark, I couldn't put my hand in the tank without being attacked. Trust me, you don't want a fish that bites. That being said, I've never seen a pet fish like this before.

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
This is the biggest Fahaka I've seen.

There are a few videos of people petting Fahakas and Midases on YouTube. I was able to pet my both of my Fahakas, but my MiDevil was one of the meanest fish I've kept. Once he reached the 12-13" mark, I couldn't put my hand in the tank without being attacked. Trust me, you don't want a fish that bites. That being said, I've never seen a pet fish like this before.
That fahaka was a monster, thanks for sharing and Id worry more about putting my hand in the tank with a fahaka as they have the ablility to do serious damage

Reactions: asterophysus

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Who in their right mind thinks "hmm, you know what would be fun? Trying to pet a fish that has the strength to bite through a clam shell with ease"

Reactions: Bertie07

asterophysus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Canada
I was bitten by accident by one of my Fahakas (around a foot at the time) while hand feeding him. It didn't break the skin. No doubt, if he had tried, he would have caused some damage. But the point is, IME Fahakas usually aren't aggressive towards their owners. My MiDevil bit with intent and would draw blood. I had to wear gloves to clean his tank. But as always, I guess it all depends on the individual fish.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I was bitten by accident by one of my Fahakas (around a foot at the time) while hand feeding him. It didn't break the skin. No doubt, if he had tried, he would have caused some damage. But the point is, IME Fahakas usually aren't aggressive towards their owners. My MiDevil bit with intent and would draw blood. I had to wear gloves to clean his tank. But as always, I guess it all depends on the individual fish.
I agree with asterophysus asterophysus on this one, my old polleni was intent on killing me everytime i worked on his tank and drew blood multiple times when i didnt pay attention...

My fahaka on the other hand used to come up to my hand and sometimes just rub her body against my hand for no particular reason that i could tell...

Hand feeding her was never a problem either as she was a gentle giant towards me but as she got older i started using tongs instead just to protect my 10 digits just incase...

But to be 100% honest, i still think larger puffers are some of the smartest and most interactive aquarium fish you can keep...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store