Biggest Fish you will accomodate in your current tank

alfon76

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
It is always funny to see people talking a lot and fast without even asking or checking their facts. This thread couldn't mean anything to me if it wasn't because you are talking about my tanks and my fishes. I took that picture on purpose because all the fishes are lines up on the short end of the tank since I was there. It will definitely make the tank look like there is no way to move or swim but the fact is that the tank is 7 feet long and all those fishes have plenty of space to swim around.

Is it still ovecrowded, I would be the first one to say yes but the filtration system can handle it, the agression is 0 and they keep growing as well. Like guppy said, he did read about my tank in another thread and I believe it was actually on another site so he knows what he is talking about. The others probably need a little more tact when dealing with this things as you never know all the facts. One piece of info also missing is that I had to place all my big Datnoids in that tank because my other tank was not ready at the time thanks to a screw-up of the acrylic company. The new tank (900 gallons) is already here and houses the Dats and all the other big fishes with an even bigger filtration system.

If you must blast someone, blast all those guys in the MFK magazines that keep 35 arowanas with 10 datnoids and other fishes in a 250 gallon tank. Go ahead and send PETA on their case but don't come here and try to tell me how to keep my fishes and especially without the common courtesy of letting me know first.

spryandspringy , what few words are the ones you had for me? Would like to hear them now since everyone has had a blast with my tank and my fishes. SO now that I am in on the party, let me have it then.

Ivan

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Howdy Alfon 76,

You are getting awefully defensive here. Anyone with a bad conscience? Especially if you feel attacked by general statements in this thread. If you feel like they apply to you, then that would make me think if I were you.

Good that you upgrade your tank, but especially with the arapaima, I'd start planning bigger than 900 gal.... like asap

HarleyK

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
i think that tank rocks :naughty:

spryandspringy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2005
The Lone Star State!
alfon76 said:
spryandspringy , what few words are the ones you had for me? Would like to hear them now since everyone has had a blast with my tank and my fishes. SO now that I am in on the party, let me have it then.

Ivan

My choice words are... <gulp>... Don't beat me up! ;-)

alfron, please note that my responses were all in advance of the explanation by guppy of how the picture was taken. If you were me, and saw this picture, and thought that this was the LONG end of the tank, would you not also be screaming "HOLY MOLY!"? Would you not also wish to speak to the owner and request... nay... DEMAND an explanation?

All of that having been said, my only remaining sassy response is: "Look who's making assumptions now, buddy!"

With respect, warmth,

"spryandspringy"

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
you always have a cool way of signing out!

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
spryandspringy said:
We all have our moments. ;)
mine is:
you stay classy san diego
:grinyes:

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
spryandspringy said:
I hope alfon76 doesn't show up at my door wanting to punch me in the snoot. I'm puny! I don't want to die! :eek:
:ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store