Biggest mistakes you have made in aquarium keeping?

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Letting my wife help decorate the tanks.

I'll be going for a more natural look and come home to 2 or 3 different colors of gravel mixed together.. blood pressure instantly through the roof
at least she’s into it! one of the few…

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica

jjohnwm

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
What's wrong with orange, green and purple? ?
Everything! :yuck:

My wife...who, after 35 years of marriage, should know better...didn't want to hurt my granddaughter's feelings, and so allowed her to scatter the contents of a little 2 pound bag of fluorescent pink-and-chartreuse gravel into my 360 tank, which contained about 10 eartheater-type cichlids. By the time I got home that day, the cichlids had been doing their thing, and that little handful of glo-snot was thoroughly mixed and distributed. I have been picking it out...grain by individual grain...with forceps ever since then...over a year now. Whenever I think I have gotten the last piece...another one looms into view, usually being spit out by a Gymnogeophagus.

Gotta start locking that basement door...

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Everything! :yuck:

My wife...who, after 35 years of marriage, should know better...didn't want to hurt my granddaughter's feelings, and so allowed her to scatter the contents of a little 2 pound bag of fluorescent pink-and-chartreuse gravel into my 360 tank, which contained about 10 eartheater-type cichlids. By the time I got home that day, the cichlids had been doing their thing, and that little handful of glo-snot was thoroughly mixed and distributed. I have been picking it out...grain by individual grain...with forceps ever since then...over a year now. Whenever I think I have gotten the last piece...another one looms into view, usually being spit out by a Gymnogeophagus.

Gotta start locking that basement door...
I changed my tank from blue to brown gravel. I’m always finding some blue grains every now and then.

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica

eon aquatics

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2021
i bought silver dollars like a year ago and didnt know how to take care of them so i returned them to petco

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
i bought silver dollars like a year ago and didnt know how to take care of them so i returned them to petco
They are surprisingly easy. Very tolerant of different conditions and practically indestructible. Hardest thing is how skittish they are.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store