Biggest unexpected fish loss ?

sypher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2005
nevada
hello all new guy here... biggest lost for me was waking up one morning to find my male clown knifefish floating... both my male and female were about 12-14 inches... got rid of female a year later when she was just over 18 inches long...

sypher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2005
nevada
the male had no marks on him so had to be something else... what it was i have no clue... very strange...

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Biggest unexpected loss was a whole 55g community tank, some ******* dropped a cigar butt in it during a party and by morning everything was dead, even the snails. Most unexpepted was an american eel whick was found one morning in my nieghbors swimming pool, lesson on that one is that if you keep eels you should use clamps to keep your lids on, they are strong and like too explore.

missyb0o

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2005
Charlotte, NC
my biggest fish loss was Sam, my Pleco. I moved from Ohio to Charlotte. Sam was in the car with me the whole way in "his" cooler with his water. All was good here until that first water change. He was in suspended animation- nearly frozen during an Ohio blizzard, in a national diaster (flood) evacuation, no power, the whole mess, and then a 9 hour car ride. Was a real trooper and then I changed 25% of his water and BAM! Ick, then death.

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
missyb0o said:
my biggest fish loss was Sam, my Pleco. I moved from Ohio to Charlotte. Sam was in the car with me the whole way in "his" cooler with his water. All was good here until that first water change. He was in suspended animation- nearly frozen during an Ohio blizzard, in a national diaster (flood) evacuation, no power, the whole mess, and then a 9 hour car ride. Was a real trooper and then I changed 25% of his water and BAM! Ick, then death.

Sorry about your pleco.... what did you use to try to cure the ich ??

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
missyb0o said:
was the temp of the new water much different from the temp of the old water? was the water dechlorinated/dechloramined?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store