Black lace clown angelfish

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
Interesting fish. Not my thing but whatever.

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
Aww. Good. :)

Reactions: Niki_up

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
I think your in Canada too, I can’t remember where exactly but in my area out west your looking at paying about $25 for a loonie sized angelfish that isn’t paired and that isn’t sexed. A fish the size of mine are $40 each and they are not paired either. With no one shipping fish into the city the local fish supply is starting to dry up as well.
After I posted them online they were spoken for within 10 mins. They are going to an angelfish breeder here and she will keep me updated on their babies so that’s exciting.

if I were a hobbyist and not interested in breeding I wouldn’t buy angels for $80 a pair either...I would buy babies for $10 each and raise them haha

a serious breeder could make their $80 back easily on the first batch of babies

Ive raised a few fish and sold them for good prices....I’d almost rather raise a large fish and sell it as an adult than breeding haha it allows me to watch them grow up and enjoy them but then change stock and raise something else.
Lol baby angel fish in florida are only $7 bucks a piece

Reactions: Niki_up

angelcrze

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2014
Gatineau
I'm so happy the 4 came out of hiding! And the pair went to a good home to do their thing and carry on the lineage. That's perfect :)

I totally know what you are talking about for prices. I used to sell pairs to my LFS, but that was a 1-off thing. And they went for 70-80 dollars. He didn't sell angels normally, but he liked to sell pairs because of that exact reason, it's not usually something you find at the LFS. It worked for me because like you, I got to watch the babies grow up. Not all of them but a lot of them.

Anyway glad it all worked out :)

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
I'm so happy the 4 came out of hiding! And the pair went to a good home to do their thing and carry on the lineage. That's perfect :)

I totally know what you are talking about for prices. I used to sell pairs to my LFS, but that was a 1-off thing. And they went for 70-80 dollars. He didn't sell angels normally, but he liked to sell pairs because of that exact reason, it's not usually something you find at the LFS. It worked for me because like you, I got to watch the babies grow up. Not all of them but a lot of them.

Anyway glad it all worked out :)
Apparently they have already started to prep a new spot for their next batch of eggs. They should be laying in a couple of days

yea I didn’t know how long it could take for them to pair off...whenn I bought them I intended to keep the first mated pair...had a 30g breeding tank, 10g fry tank and I waited so long I ended up stocked all my tanks haha

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
Another pair?? Are you going to sell them too are you going to keep them because you like the male?

lol. That's why you WAIT until you have a pair to set up a breeding tank. lol that's what I'm doing (with a dwarf cichlid).

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Another pair?? Are you going to sell them too are you going to keep them because you like the male?

lol. That's why you WAIT until you have a pair to set up a breeding tank. lol that's what I'm doing (with a dwarf cichlid).
If any of the remaining fish pair up I will be happy to keep the pair and sell the extra two angels.

I did have a breeding tank setup, but I waited so long for a pair of angels that I ended up stocking their 30g breeding tank and I have no room for more tanks....fish keeping problems!!

DwarfCichlidLvr

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2020
If any of the remaining fish pair up I will be happy to keep the pair and sell the extra two angels.

I did have a breeding tank setup, but I waited so long for a pair of angels that I ended up stocking their 30g breeding tank and I have no room for more tanks....fish keeping problems!!
What if they bother pair? lol

haha. Time to rehome some more fish! lol
However why couldn't you move everything form the 30 into the 60 when a pair forms? You'd only have the two angels and the cardinals in there. And after the fry become free swimming move the pair back into the 60 and grow out the fry in the 30. Just an idea.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store