Blue Botia compatibility

MultipleTankSyndrome

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2021
Loachaholica
Blue isn't a color I'd expect to be reinforced by color foods like red/orange. Maybe try changing the lighting?
I don't know what lighting you have, but different types (white, yellow, blue moonlight, etc) can radically effect the color of what they light up, so you could get a good result with some experimentation.

Edit: ninja'd.

Reactions: Al KW Tan

Al KW Tan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2019
Blue isn't a color I'd expect to be reinforced by color foods like red/orange. Maybe try changing the lighting?
I don't know what lighting you have, but different types (white, yellow, blue moonlight, etc) can radically effect the color of what they light up, so you could get a good result with some experimentation.

Edit: ninja'd.
Yup. That makes sense

Al KW Tan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2019
C360_20230725-132628-43.jpg
Found that their best tankmates are geos. They thrive together where others failed. Substrates and sand need not be cleaned ever. Though I religiously perform a 25% weekly water change and filter cleaning. Life gets so much easier. Try it! 👍

Stephen St.Clair

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
I've kept my Y. Modestas with African Cichlids, Tinfoil, Filamentosa, Tiger, & Denison Barbs. They also do well with big Tetras.
The Modestas can hold their own against larger new world Cichlids as well.

Reactions: Al KW Tan
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store