Blue lobster

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
It sounds like a done deal so look for eggs soon.
I hope so!
Since then the female has stayed hiding ontop of some driftwood covered in an algae mass.
The male is very active and always exploring the tank.

Now that I see his behavior vs the female I should have known the one I had was a girl. She rearranged a lot of rock and made holes and caves with them. The male hasn’t moved anything. He spends his time on the move and never hides.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I hope so!
Since then the female has stayed hiding ontop of some driftwood covered in an algae mass.
The male is very active and always exploring the tank.

Now that I see his behavior vs the female I should have known the one I had was a girl. She rearranged a lot of rock and made holes and caves with them. The male hasn’t moved anything. He spends his time on the move and never hides.

Good to hear their active.

Reactions: MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
So it is an outdoor plant? That's what it looked like. I love the look of the roots to climb on.
It’s considered an indoor plant here. But like most warm climate plants, they do appreciate being outside in the summer months. It has started to freeze here overnight and even snowed a couple days ago(yuck). So I also keep them in the tops of my tanks.
I love the hanging roots too. The fish and crawfish love it as well. It gives a more natural feel to the tank:)

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I’m so glad I put the plastic backs on my glass tops and stuffed the space between the plastic and filters with pothos. This naughty girl has been right at the top a few times now. Little butt:rolleyes:

View attachment 1339824
Back when I kept Crays I gave them a place to crawl out of the water, and every once in a while I'd see him "basking", I have also on multiple occasions caught wild crayfish on land, especially during or after rain

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store