Blue Spot Synspillum Juvies 1st Gen

Cammo X

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2007
Australia
www.facebook.com
Bit of an update on the Blues...

They are now in the 800L to put some size on, some are starting to get their breeding dress on. Had 2 already pair off, they are the 2 of the nicest ones which is good, it saves me pairing them later and both fish have excess facial and body marking which is a bonus.

A short video

Longer Video which is a bit clearer filmed a week before the short video.

Excess siblings from the same batch will be available next week, there's some really nice ones i had to just say no to because i already have too many keepers, so if your in Brisbane Australia hit me up.

Cheers,
Cam

Cammo X

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2007
Australia
www.facebook.com
Another update on the Blue Spot Synspillum, they are over the 12cm mark now and developing quite nicely.

You can see the difference between males and females too as the males have a lot more red and yellow, the females are much darker with more blue speckling.

Eggs have been laid by one pair in the tank on the left hand side but they fungused up after 1 day, i assume it was the sand getting onto the eggs as there's too many fish in the tank and they kick up a lot of substrate, also the fact that the parents are defending the eggs literally 24/7 from cichlids loaches and catfish.

I've put some terracotta plates at either end of the tank to induce spawning again and I'll take the plates out and rear in a separate tank.

R Rhyno8 suckerfish suckerfish

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
Blues are definitely developing more. Interested to see there progress and the next generation.

Reactions: Cammo X

Newant

Feeder Fish
Mar 2, 2021
Lovely looking synspillum.

I count myself lucky to have found these for sale in uk.

Bought a few vieja melanura to grow out and then found a few of these and couldn't resist.

Reactions: Cammo X
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store