blueberry arowana?

JteSchertz

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Texas
I can see where everyone is coming from but the bottom line is what your arguing about it is pointless. Poeple all have different beliefs, that is the purpose of this forum. To come together with different ideas to help better and enhance fish keeping. Realizing that not everyone is going to agree with you or tell you what you want to hear will make this forum much more beneficial and enjoyable to you. Also, words when in written form lack inflection and true meaning. The people on this forum are passionate about fish and sometimes that comes out harshly in their posts but for the most part are not meaning to offend. Don't take offense, learn from it and enjoy all the benefits of this forum. I think you made your best decision with research and finding MFK to make sure you werent buying a dyed fish so good for you. Take care and keep up with your aro search.

fishguy87

Feeder Fish
Sep 10, 2011
Sarasota, FL
I think I can clear this up guys, I have both the blueberry arowana and the strawberry and they are beautiful fish. They came from yougottabeshippingme.org and they are extremely healthy, eating right out of my hand. I went with them because of their guarantee and they were the lowest price for them around. I have 3 of each in a tank with other fish. They look like silvers but the pictures dont do them justice, they are actually blue and pink. I think they look great. And as far as if dyed fish are unhealthy, I dont think so, Ive had dyed fish before like glofish and angels and tetras who have all been extremely healthy, I think it depends on the facility they come from and the suppliers. Anyway I hope this helped, and if anybody has any questions about them shoot em over to me!!!!! Id love to share what i know about these aro's.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
:duh:

• Haha
Reactions: Matteus

tokyogasmask

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2009
Japan
I think I can clear this up guys, I have both the blueberry arowana and the strawberry and they are beautiful fish. They came from yougottabeshippingme.org and they are extremely healthy, eating right out of my hand. I went with them because of their guarantee and they were the lowest price for them around. I have 3 of each in a tank with other fish. They look like silvers but the pictures dont do them justice, they are actually blue and pink. I think they look great. And as far as if dyed fish are unhealthy, I dont think so, Ive had dyed fish before like glofish and angels and tetras who have all been extremely healthy, I think it depends on the facility they come from and the suppliers. Anyway I hope this helped, and if anybody has any questions about them shoot em over to me!!!!! Id love to share what i know about these aro's.
Are you for real????
Do you know the process of the dyed fish?

IMO Arowana is a fish for PROS.
No PRO in their right mind would ever consider even thinking about thinking about the idea of buying a dyed fish.
It is a cruel practice that is torture, and is banned for good reason in many places!

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
it plainly says dyed right in the descritption on the wedbsite
Nice catch :ROFL: I wish I wouldve looked at the website earlier, though I already knew what was to be.

Amazing people don't even research from who/what they are buying these days. Simple clarification within the description :duh:
Product Description
5"-6"Dyed-Hand Fed!!

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Actually Its a secret how they dye the Arowana, not even the distributors know how they do it.
Sickening is ya ask me. So what do you do, ship the arowana back to have it re-dyed once it fades? Or do you just come to the realization that you overpaid for a silver arowana?

BTW, Glofish are not dyed. They are genetically engineered.

Reactions: Matteus

Eupterus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2006
Bennington, VT
All evidence so far indicates that being dyed is unhealthy for fish. So unless some new healthier dying procedures have been invented, I'd be suspicious. And if such a procedure has been invented that is healthy for fish, what do you when the dye has faded away?.

PS: As someone else said, Glofish are not dyed, they are genetically engineered. Big difference as the colors are permanent.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store