bluegill not eating

Thomas_WL

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2018
Hi guys I've had this bluegill for about 2 weeks and he was eating the first week perfectly. All of a sudden he stopped eating the meal worms I was feeding or any other food I tried. He went from coming to the top of the tank when I came in the room to not moving at all. The tank is cycled and tests check out so I know it's not that. I have another bluegill in their that still eats. He also sits up by my filter now which he never did. I checked him for ich and cant find anything. Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Thanks

20180613_145257.jpg 20180613_145210.jpg 20180613_145200.jpg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Try a different food and a fake plant, continue water changes and all should be well

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Keep an eye on things and see if the other blue is bullying him.Fish tend to hang out up in the top corners of a tank in order to keep distance between themselves and their tormentor.

Thomas_WL

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2018
Keep an eye on things and see if the other blue is bullying him.Fish tend to hang out up in the top corners of a tank in order to keep distance between themselves and their tormentor.
The other bluegill was recently added to to the tank 2 days ago and he eats very well and does nip at the other bluegill side alittle but my other bluegill hasn't eaten for a week now. He started sitting up by the filter about a week ago so I know he didn't stop eating because of the other one. Actually I put the other bluegill in their of Hope's of having the bluegill compete for food but that didn't work.
Thanks for the replies I'm just kinda confused on why.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store