Breeding parrot and Flowerhorn

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Magnus_Bane Magnus_Bane You think i could have your help on this haha. Its my first breeding "project" lol
Hey there sorry for the late reply, been busy with work allot lately. As for how to help them I can't really add much that hasn't been said already. Keep the water clean, keep parameters stable and I would definitely recommend adding some filter floss to the filter's intake so it don't suck up the babies. Also another good idea is to either add a pile of river stone or some fake bushy plants for the fry to hide in if need be, this can help keep fry alive if the parents decide they're done being parents lol. Other then that it's mostly upto luck and time, don't be surprised if they don't get it right the first few times, lol first time parents often make mistakes.

robfishies

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2020
Hey there sorry for the late reply, been busy with work allot lately. As for how to help them I can't really add much that hasn't been said already. Keep the water clean, keep parameters stable and I would definitely recommend adding some filter floss to the filter's intake so it don't suck up the babies. Also another good idea is to either add a pile of river stone or some fake bushy plants for the fry to hide in if need be, this can help keep fry alive if the parents decide they're done being parents lol. Other then that it's mostly upto luck and time, don't be surprised if they don't get it right the first few times, lol first time parents often make mistakes.
Thanks brotha! I’ve actually moved the fry into a 10 gallon tank with live plants, heater, and sponge filter. Only got 13 free swimmers by the time i realized the male ate the fry lol

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Thanks brotha! I’ve actually moved the fry into a 10 gallon tank with live plants, heater, and sponge filter. Only got 13 free swimmers by the time i realized the male ate the fry lol
Lol yeah that often happens, that tends to be why allot of females will push out the male from the spawning site. But like I said it may take em a few good tries to get it all right, lol the male just needs to learn to "not" eat the babies.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store