Building My 50,000 Gallon Monster Mega Tank

spiff44

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2007
Midwest
Say, I read in the beginning of this thread that you have a bird aviary above this massive tank. Are there articles about that available? If its done similar the scale of this tank I would love to read about it.

TIA

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
I do, it consists of 25 aviaries ranging from 150cmx150cmx122cm to 300cmx243cmx150cm.

I did keep a lot of birds but only have a few now. When I suffered the broken wrists I had to cut down and sold my toucans and all breeding age parrots.

The few birds I have left are past breeding age, stay in the inside aviaries in winter months and are moved outside when the weather is above freezing to larger outside pens.

I do keep pheasants and ducks also. The peasants stay outside year round while the ducks (black call ducks) are brought inside for the winter because I am unable to provide water to them every day due to the winter conditions.

The pheasants eat/drink the snow and they have a lot this winter and their food containers provide them with enough food for 2 to 3 weeks. MFK members & family dropping by, feed them for me.

thrillbillie12

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2008
Conneaut Lake PA
www.myspace.com
I've read through this now a few times over the years since I have joined. And u have to things to day.

The first is simply amazing. To look at a tank this size, that's been running this long, and keeping all of your stock healthy, my hat is off to you. I'm sure you've heard it a million times, but I'm sure it doesn't hurt to hear it once more, job well done.

The second, I would volunteer to come clean the tank for free. That would a one of a kind experience.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Arapaimag, what is your job that you can afford a build like this!?!? If I wanted something like this with the job I'm planning on going into I'd have to save 20 years of bonuses and never take vacations, lol :). AMAZING setup though!

Amber n The Boss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2014
Toledo, Ohio
:WHOA:
I can not even comprehend the magnitude of a "tank" like this! I'm with everyone else's who says they couldn't even afford the water changes alone...lol. I'm truly speechless! I'm glad I found this post bc my husband thinks I'm insane for wanting a 300...lol
Job WELL done -Amber

seanxwarp

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2014
San Diego and Philippines
YEEEEEEEES!!!! I read all the page on this thread nonstop for 10 hours. Arapaimag, If I build a mega aquarium that cannot rust or break down from floods, what building materials should I used?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store