Buy online?

NilusFishFamily

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2018
Best places ONLINE to buy live plants, fish, driftwood, and other aquarium supplies in the US w/quick shipping? Do you trust amazon? Specific amazon vendors you recommend?

this is another topic that could almost use its own forum, lol. I tried searching the posts but there’s too many to sort.

I’d like to get some potted plants so I can move them around for my tank, but will be looking for a tank mate in the near future as well as other supplies I’m sure. (Seems like we always need something!)

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Best places ONLINE to buy live plants, fish, driftwood, and other aquarium supplies in the US w/quick shipping? Do you trust amazon? Specific amazon vendors you recommend?

this is another topic that could almost use its own forum, lol. I tried searching the posts but there’s too many to sort.

I’d like to get some potted plants so I can move them around for my tank, but will be looking for a tank mate in the near future as well as other supplies I’m sure. (Seems like we always need something!)
I've had 3 great experiences with Amazon.

Reactions: kno4te

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
The vendors here are all trustworthy, if they weren’t they wouldn’t have been able to become a vendor or if they had been able to become one mfk would have chewed them up and spit them out the door within a month of orders I’m sure.

I’ll get you a better list of sites in a few hours comrade.

Reactions: NilusFishFamily

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I use eBay for plants and driftwood. There’s a fb seller named belindas driftwood. She goes out and gets pieces that ur looking for, shape and size.

NilusFishFamily

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2018
So far I’ve gotten
aquariumcoop
manzanita-driftwood.com
Thatpetplace

still looking for a good source for large send/caves

Javierleo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2020
Absolute Fish, Aquascapeonline, Bioaquatix, Imperial Tropical, The Wet Spot and Tangle Up Cichlids are very good for fish. But the best shipping prices are offered by Blue grass acuatics.

Reactions: NilusFishFamily

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Rock and driftwood sources?
ehhh rocks are a hit or a miss, the amount they charge for seiryu stones is stupid. We all know they just buy them at a rock yard for under 10 dollars a cubic feet and sell pounds marked up by +20x the price. They can get away with it cause shipping is so expensive unless they also charge u for shipping lmao.

I just googled and called a couple fish stores and found one that also sells rocks. Their price was roughly 3.50 a pound and Idk if im really strong or their scale is messed up. I had a hand basket and I apparently filled it up with 140 dollars worth of rocks which was about 40 pounds lol. But drift wood, id go online all day. Rocks def go to a store and pick them out yourself

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store