Buying new glass tank.

Randys

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2015
Traverse City, Michigan
Soooo......once I was done crying I drained the tank down and pulled off the over flow.
I spent TONS of time designing this so it could be pulled apart from the front and I was SO thankful I did because it took less than ten minutes to disassemble it.

E3E45B4E-327F-4601-B958-F057E702DB39.jpeg

Reactions: Bbuckley

Randys

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2015
Traverse City, Michigan
Oh ya, having fish in the tank wouldn't have presented an additional challenge for sure. Although I probably could have just tossed in a heater and sponge filter to tide them over.

So now we're back to painting.

I remember being leery of the way the overflow gaskets fit. THIS time I'll be siliconing the bejesus outta them!

IMG_8559.JPG

Reactions: Denon and Bbuckley

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Nice job on the outside drain work! You may want to consider adding a screen to that vent outside to prevent animals from getting inside including insects that would find it homey.

Reactions: Cich Mind and Denon

Randys

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2015
Traverse City, Michigan
Thanks.

Ya, I thought of that but the drain ends at a closed valve. There isn't a path to get inside.
And if something does crawl up the pipe (and I'm sure they have in my 300 drain over the past two years) they're gonna get a nice water slide ride once I open the valve. Man, that thing really flows!

Reactions: Denon and deeda

seegs71

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2021
Just admiring your plumbing job - super clean. must have taken a lot of figuring to get it all right - I used similar disconnects and ball valves on my 250g - makes it easy to tear apart if needed. I have a fish room behind my tank so did not have to engineer as much as yours - great job. as for the paint, that's **** luck - I have seen guys use dark limo tint or mirror tint you get from lowes or home depot and just sticks on with some soap and water, have also heard of guys using vinyl wrap as well -never have to worry about scratching or peeling

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store