can any one id this guy for me?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Lets hope it's the same thing.
Why ?

Ha. Yeah, I’ll tread lightly. She is like “I find them disturbing and yet I can’t look away.” But may be a way to convince her that we need an 8 foot tank!
Haha well between us you dont need a tank that large but yeah i like your plan of attack

• Haha
Reactions: Polyaddict86

Poseidon2.0

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
Brooklyn, NY, USA.
Haha well between us you dont need a tank that large but yeah i like your plan of attack
Shhhh! She doesn't need to know that. We''ll keep that between you and me. Good to know though. Been thinking of getting a Senegal or two to go with Vader when I eventually get him to a larger tank later this year.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Shhhh! She doesn't need to know that. We''ll keep that between you and me. Good to know though. Been thinking of getting a Senegal or two to go with Vader when I eventually get him to a larger tank later this year.
How is vader these days ? Whats he 6 or 7 yr old now ? Caution with the sen they typically stay small vader might make a snack of him unless you can find a decent sized adult.

Is he still crazy ?

Poseidon2.0

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2015
Brooklyn, NY, USA.
He's doing great. I'd think he's a little over five now, got him from you in October 2014 driving through a snap snow storm without a GPS, lol. Figure he was less than a year old when I took him from you, as he was only about 7 inches or so. Yeah, thanks for the heads up, he is still a little wacko but has mellowed a bit. I had him in a 120 with a couple of smaller cichlids and some silver dollars a year or so ago before moving to New York. Fine for a few months then one of the cichlids ended up dead. Could have been him, not sure. He regularly tries to bite my hand when I do work in his tank, the ingrate, but I just push him away and he calms down. The SDs were fine with him. I would only get a birchir sized too big to eat for sure. It would be an experiment. This is him 20 minutes ago checking out the art on the wall.

beau1990

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
He's doing great. I'd think he's a little over five now, got him from you in October 2014 driving through a snap snow storm without a GPS, lol. Figure he was less than a year old when I took him from you, as he was only about 7 inches or so. Yeah, thanks for the heads up, he is still a little wacko but has mellowed a bit. I had him in a 120 with a couple of smaller cichlids and some silver dollars a year or so ago before moving to New York. Fine for a few months then one of the cichlids ended up dead. Could have been him, not sure. He regularly tries to bite my hand when I do work in his tank, the ingrate, but I just push him away and he calms down. The SDs were fine with him. I would only get a birchir sized too big to eat for sure. It would be an experiment. This is him 20 minutes ago checking out the art on the wall.
View attachment 1365856
Gorgeous oscar for sure so after much debate now that we know it's a female fish we renamed her Coco as in Coco Chanel

Reactions: Poseidon2.0

beau1990

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
Soooooo the wife wants to do black sand in the next tank anyone have pics of laps on black sand so I can see how bad he's gonna darken up?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store