Can I add an Arowana to this setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Lol! Look at the size of his hands! Finger tips are like kielbasas! I guess you need huge ass hands to be able to catch those monster Asians.

I have big hands and cant catch a damn cold :cry::cry::cry: lol.

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I'm not calling anyone out or going to try and single anyone out infer what you will. Some people like to push buttons and try to start stuff, devils advocate if you will. Others let their buttons get pushed and feathers ruffled by people who enjoy watch them twist. The only thing any of this does is pull attention away from the real issues at hand. Sooooo I'm thinking if people would stop talking between the lines and others stop reading between them we would be good and the real issue may get back in the spot light.
I think most of us agree big fish+ small tank =bad idea. I also think deep down we all know what is to small and what is to big.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Asian Aro’s cant really be compared to silvers (at least not here) because anyone willing to drop the money for a nice Asian Aro is bound to do a lot of research into their needs before blowing money like that unless they are literally swimming in cash... Where as anyone who walks into an LFS could quite easily afford their cheaper silver cousins...

For example I cant count the amount of times i’ve seen young people (10-18yrs old) here walk out an LFS with baby silvers and tiny plastic aquariums, but never have i seen a person younger than say around 25 walk away with an Asian aro just due to price alone...

I mean silvers here might cost around USD $5-10 a piece for a small 5” fish...

But a nice Asian Aro even at just 10” could cost upwards of USD $1K - 2K+

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I'm not calling anyone out or going to try and single anyone out infer what you will. Some people like to push buttons and try to start stuff, devils advocate if you will. Others let their buttons get pushed and feathers ruffled by people who enjoy watch them twist. The only thing any of this does is pull attention away from the real issues at hand. Sooooo I'm thinking if people would stop talking between the lines and others stop reading between them we would be good and the real issue may get back in the spot light.
I think most of us agree big fish+ small tank =bad idea. I also think deep down we all know what is to small and what is to big.
Idk bud. I wasnt disagreeing with the recommendations given. Shoot like i said i never kept an adult.

Makes sense though why they asian/aussie cant be compared since they arent as widely kept.

You know what they say about guys with freakishly large hands......
Big gloves ?

Reactions: twentyleagues
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store