Will they breed together ?

• Total voters

RajaVino

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 29, 2017
India
R
Yes I have to agree 75 is way too small for these to work long term.
One thing I noticed in the video I can see the flower horn has its tube extended but not the oscar. This tells me they are not breeding the female just laid her eggs. In her mind she is trying to defend them against an intruder. When she fully matures the oscar will probably suffer.

Please do not take offense to people voicing their opinions especially when you are getting sound advice. Myself and Stanzzzz7 are trying to help. It's your fish and your tank. In the end you can do what you want but an oscar as big and bad as they are will be no match for an angry flowerhorn.
Really u r great bro. How u see the minute things in them. As u said that the flowerhorn is preventing her eggs from the oscar. Unless they will not fight like this. Its the right time for them to fertilise the eggs. Without fertilising the eggs. they are fighting.

RajaVino

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 29, 2017
India
R
Yes I have to agree 75 is way too small for these to work long term.
One thing I noticed in the video I can see the flower horn has its tube extended but not the oscar. This tells me they are not breeding the female just laid her eggs. In her mind she is trying to defend them against an intruder. When she fully matures the oscar will probably suffer.

Please do not take offense to people voicing their opinions especially when you are getting sound advice. Myself and Stanzzzz7 are trying to help. It's your fish and your tank. In the end you can do what you want but an oscar as big and bad as they are will be no match for an angry flowerhorn.
Really u r great bro. How u see the minute things in them. As u said that the flowerhorn is preventing her eggs from the oscar. Unless they will not fight like this. Its the right time for them to fertilise the eggs. Without fertilising the eggs. they are fighting.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
R

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say. I can see in the video the oscars tube isn't down. If they had just spawned its tube would be extended. I can clearly see the flowerhorns tube. Unless you witnessed the oscar trying to fertilize the eggs it doesn't look like they are spawning.

It is possible for the two to go through the acts of spawning I have witnessed two species that are not compatible spawn before. These just don't look like it to me.
BTW what's up with the BRO stuff. Are you offended by someone having a different view point?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
He calls everyone bro,
Bro :p

• Haha
Reactions: Fat Homer

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
I thought Oscars weren't capable of hybridizing with other cichlids? I admittedly heard that from a random source at a random time, but I've never seen an Oscar hybrid either.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I thought Oscars weren't capable of hybridizing with other cichlids? I admittedly heard that from a random source at a random time, but I've never seen an Oscar hybrid either.
I believe that's true

jeaninel

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2014
california
No way that tank is a 75. It looks way too small.

I noticed the flowerhorn had her tube down also. Lone females will often lay eggs without a partner though they will not hatch. She is just defending them from the Oscar.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store