Will they breed together ?

• Total voters

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I know right. We would be seeing some tiger dragon king kamafa super red albino flowerhorns!
LOL!....and with some of the duzies that the breeders have already come up with we might yet still see that name.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Well I guess the good news is that the flowerhorn can lay eggies. I wonder if she was making too many and had to fart 'em out? Get a bigger tank and a male and see what happens? I've heard most males are infertile though and that's why the breeding ones are so pricey.

But yeah that oscar will outgrow the 75 in no time. They need at least 120 gallons for one with heavy filtration. The female flowerhorn will probably be ok in the 75 by herself. I would at least get a divider. You can make one from plastic sewing mesh or "eggcrate" recessed lighting panels for cheap if you can't find a premade divider.

I would also slap a cheapo black paper background on the tank to cut down on the reflections and fish stress if you can get behind it somehow. You might also want to get some sort of soft substrate like small smooth gravel so the flowerhorn can dig little pits. Plus you'll get some more beneficial bacteria with that bioload being so high on that tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store