Can you help me identify the Type of Flowerhorn ?

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Looks like a kamfa to me. Nice looking fish you got there.

For grooming, I would say
show him mirror everyday for 10-20 mins
Maintain good water conditions (The usual Ammonia, nitrite, nitrates with KH and GH)
Feed good quality food like Northfin or New life spectrum, mix some algaemax (10-20% diet)

HW14

Feeder Fish
Mar 13, 2020
Bahrain
When you say show him the mirror, Should I just place one in front of the tank or drop one into the tank.

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
Could be a Kamfa but don't take my word for it because I'm not very good at telling the difference between certain strains. Some simple tips are to make sure you feed a good food make sure the water parameters are good, make sure it isn't fed too much and gets enough light, put a mirror in every one in awhile. Even though those things are simple they will definitely make a difference. If you're tank is big enough you might be able to add a female but wait until he gets larger and then when you add the female add a divider and cut some holes in it also add some small terracotta pots. The divider holes and pots should be small enough so that the female can fit but the male can't. If they end of having problems it is best to remove the female and try again, if it doesn't work it just might be too aggressive to have a female in the tank.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruturaj

HW14

Feeder Fish
Mar 13, 2020
Bahrain
Could be a Kamfa but don't take my word for it because I'm not very good at telling the difference between certain strains. Some simple tips are to make sure you feed a good food make sure the water parameters are good, make sure it isn't fed too much and gets enough light, put a mirror in every one in awhile. Even though those things are simple they will definitely make a difference. If you're tank is big enough you might be able to add a female but wait until it gets larger and then when you add the female add a divider and cut some holes in it also add some small terracotta pots. The divider holes and pots should be small enough so that the female can fit but the male can't. If they end of having problems it is best to remove the female and try again, if it doesn't work it just might be too aggressive to have a female.
Thanks will wait a while till he gets a little bigger then he is about 3-4 inches at the moment

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store