Captive bred AUL Australian Lungfish just imported into the US

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
I've imported AUL a few times to Canada from the old farm in Queensland (from two different owners of the farm). You do not need a license or to be a store in order to import these fish. They are CITES class two, not class one. With CITES class one, you need import and export paperwork processed. This can be a bit tricky and so you might want a store or professional importer to help out. With CITES class two, however, you only need to have the exporter process the paperwork on their end (which in this case is in Australia). Thus, pretty much anyone can import these fish quite easily. They lend themselves well to a group buy.

On a side note, it sounds like the price has gone up quite a bit. It might be possible to negotiate a lower price if you order in bulk.

Congrtulations on your order. I raised one of these beauties for over three years. It was a fantastic fish to own and I would like to own another one day.

Here is a video of my AUL when it was around a year to a year to to a year and a half old (also eating pellets in the video):

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store