clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
My 6inch CB albino Senegal -who eats everything-decided to eat a Seachem flourish tab. He eats sand for fun and dug a fertilizer tab up and ate it. He’s looked like this for 72 hours. Haven’t fed him. Please help.

9FE76C4E-AFC8-4E99-9710-017964F8694F.jpeg
He looks like he’s fat, but the bump is about an inch from his pec fin. I do not think it’s a food bump because he did not look that way the day I fed him. it appeared the day after, plus I saw him digging in the sand and picking at the flourish tabs. Smh. He’s moving around just fine, but I haven’t fed him in 72 hours. Any advice to pass it?

Alexkoj

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2017
The Lion City
clm08k clm08k well if it survived for 3 days it should be fine - seems counter intuitive but I suggest feeding it some proper food (i.e. what you normally feed it) so it can pass the waste out.

Reactions: clm08k and jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I think it will be fine. I would feed it Epsom soaked pellets. It will act as a laxative. Look at the sticky "treating hexamita" in the health section for the mixing instructions.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Should be fine, just one question, why do you need to use flourish tablets? From what i know flourish tabs are meant for sensitive plants is your not using soil or any flourish substrate, do you have sensitive plants like crypts?
Tabs are good for root plants in Sandy nutrient deficient substrates.

Reactions: clm08k and magpie

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Tabs are good for root plants in Sandy nutrient deficient substrates.
Yes it is but still depends on the plant, most low tech plant dont need it or if the tank is not heavy planted you dont need it, that’s why i asked if she have a sensitive plant that need more carring than other plant like java fern or vals. Flourish liquid can give alot of suppliment already, just need a syrange or a pipete the put a drop or three next to the roots that will do the trick.
Im not a plant expert but the time i was gone from the poly game i learned to take care of some plants.

Reactions: clm08k

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Yes it is but still depends on the plant, most low tech plant dont need it or if the tank is not heavy planted you dont need it, that’s why i asked if she have a sensitive plant that need more carring than other plant like java fern or vals. Flourish liquid can give alot of suppliment already, just need a syrange or a pipete the put a drop or three next to the roots that will do the trick.
Im not a plant expert but the time i was gone from the poly game i learned to take care of some plants.
I just used it for anything that had roots that are burried like swords and what not.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store