Channa bleheri in a 30 gallon?

JohnAndrr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2018
Hey guys!
I have finally persuaded my parents to get an aquarium! A friend of my dad gave us the aquarium, so I can’t buy something else etc
I am in love with the Rainbow snakeheads! I do not mind having a single specimen in my tank. The dimensions are 61*41*58 cm (length*width*height)
Could it be possible?

JohnAndrr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2018
Thanks for your answer!
I am probably making myself look like a newbie (I am actually) but no tankmates right?

Gaz_ham

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2008
northants, uk
Definitely no other snakeheads in such a small area. Maybe a couple of small/mid sized peaceful fish, nothing bigger than 2 inches, like danios. You'll need to watch the temperature ranges. Rainbow snakeheads are subtropical. 18 - 24°c, so check the temperate section of your local fish shop.

Reactions: JohnAndrr

JohnAndrr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2018
Thanks guys!!!
I am probably going to keep it alone, however that might change...;):)

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
61*41*58 cm. I think that it is to small for a fish that gets around 10-15cm.
sites recommend at least 100cm and most even recommend 120cm tanks

JohnAndrr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2018
61*41*58 cm. I think that it is to small for a fish that gets around 10-15cm.
sites recommend at least 100cm and most even recommend 120cm tanks
I know, I’ve carried out quite some research, however I was searching “rainbow snakehead” in youtube and a guy kept 4 of these in a 90 gallon, which had the exact same dimenions with my tank, except for the height. I asked him whether they were doing well and he said that they were not aggressive towards the other ones, and they were doing well

NikosKoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2018
Cyprus
I know, I’ve carried out quite some research, however I was searching “rainbow snakehead” in youtube and a guy kept 4 of these in a 90 gallon, which had the exact same dimenions with my tank, except for the height. I asked him whether they were doing well and he said that they were not aggressive towards the other ones, and they were doing well
Καλωσήρθες στο φορουμ Γιανναρα (greek language) ότι θες σε μήνυμα

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store