Cichla Collection (Fogo and Orino Meta)

aquaticeye

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 16, 2016
Wow man you have a really nice collection of wet pets. Whats the next step?
Appreciate it!

Next immediate step is to finish QT for the Fogo. They are in my 90G QT tank. CANT WAIT to get them into the 1000G. But it's gonna be another 2-3 weeks.

For the past year my 150G has had a snail problem. You don't see them in the tank itself, but the FX6 gets overwhelmed with snails and I have to clean it out pretty often to make sure water flow does impede too much. Annoying yes, but I never bothered to do anything about them.

During a water change in the past week or two I accidentally introduced snails from the 150G into the 90G QT ugh! Same python hose. Now that the 90G tank with my Fogo have snails, I can't risk them getting into the 1000G.

So I bought Seachem Cupramine and will start snail / invert treatment in two days. I tend to go overkill on these things, so instead of treating for a round or two I'll treat them for probably 5-6 rounds. Do frequent water changes, rinse, repeat, until I don't see a single snail for at least a week.

After I'm satisfied with that then I'll get them into the 1000G.

Their colors are drab at the moment in such a small tank. I can't wait to see them light up and their red jowls develop.

The question you may have been asking, however, is what stock is next haha. In this regard, I'm mostly re-thinking my bottom dwellers. I currently have the niger cat but it's super sedentary. Not really an exciting fish to own. Considering a pair or trio of Zebrina pikes. I may still consider getting a Lince catfish, but I'm worried it'll outgrow the tank pretty quickly since they move around so much.

Was told a Lince cat in a 10 x 4 feet footprint tank (which is what I have) is still too small for their level of activity. Thus... I gotta start planning for the 10 x 10 tank soon right? :D

aquaticeye

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 16, 2016
That is a serious operation you have going there. Mint set up, great stock. Love the bino heckelii ?
TY! Yes love the albino hecks! The colors are unreal, and the bigger they get the cooler they look. I've owned them multiple times over the years. Always a fish that I seem to come back to. I never raised them to full size, so that's my goal with this group. They're about 5 inches now.

Reactions: Matteus

aquaticeye

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 16, 2016
Fogo in their scratched and beat up 90G QT tank at the moment. They're getting impatient to be moved too; beating up on each other. Thankfully there are 9 of them to split up aggression.

20210502_160750825_iOS.jpg

aquaticeye

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 16, 2016
Full crowd shot of the 150G with the Kelberi. All sequestered on the right while the python is water changing on the left.

All snails dead from Cupramine in the 90G QT. Gonna wait another 2 weeks or so and get them into the 1000G!

20210507_173949169_iOS.jpg

FuriousFish

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2012
America
aquaticeye aquaticeye Do you have a build thread for that 1000 gallon? I would love to know all the details on it! Beautiful fish and beautiful tank!

aquaticeye

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 16, 2016
FuriousFish FuriousFish suckerfish suckerfish

Haha. Amazing tank and design by the one and only blazin_dragon18 blazin_dragon18

Follow him on IG @tmk_aquarist

This tank build was on his account

aquaticeye

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 16, 2016
Love the bass, but that sump gets the blood flowing!!! Daaaaaamn
Dual overflow to a central chamber, through two wet/dry with coarse floss, through a central chamber with medium floss, then separate into left/right chambers with ceramic block media, then left (to fine floss) and right (to heating units), and then left and right again to the respective filter socks and return pumps :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store