Clown loaches...Is 4f diameter round plastic pond - 240G polyehtylene

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
According to some research, breeding period for clown loaches is about Sept-Dec....

fishy5

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2014
United State
Thanks.

I already got the tank so its a bit of an after-timing. The surface area of this tank is actually larger than a rectangular 6x2x2 tank which is the minimum for clown loaches long term. That's good enough to me. I hear people say fish don't swim in a circle but they don't swim in a straight line too.

I don't trust pond liners and after two tank breaks in the last year I don't trust glass tanks either. So I got myself an above ground round plastic pond. The shape takes more space than if I got a rectangular tank but I read into aquaponics quite a lot and that seems to be the best shape for fish according to some experts.

Now I can only pray they are ok in this for a good while. They are still small enough and I think the water volume is sufficient to house them. I also think they love their new home. See a quick video below.

This is perfectly adequate. A little late... I live the setup

Reactions: Coryloach

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
I've been staring at my tank and looking at what used to be a "baby clown" loach about 1 year 3 months ago. He's grown quite a lot for that period of time. I think he's about 4 inches now. The other "babies" I bought in May this year have grown too.

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
I've been staring at my tank and looking at what used to be a "baby clown" loach about 1 year 3 months ago. He's grown quite a lot for that period of time. I think he's about 4 inches now. The other "babies" I bought in May this year have grown too.
That's the loach below, bottom of the screen slightly to the right with the odd markings

Here again slightly different angle

Reactions: FunWow!

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
Blurry barbs, ha, ha

More loaches...The smaller one to the left is the one that was very sickly when I bought him beginning of last year.

Reactions: FunWow!
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store