Clown loaches...Is 4f diameter round plastic pond - 240G polyehtylene

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
Hey, just a bit of an update.....

The 3 new loaches are doing great. All scrapes/white noses have healed and they have settled really well. I can still make out the colour difference with mine though. It is the yellow part that is not as yellow/orange as my other clowns yet but that will happen too in time.

My other larger loach crew seems a lot happier having extra company around the tank and all seem to come out way more often during light hours. There's always some loaches hanging out.

The baby loaches I have though are the cutest ones. They've always been outgoing but they've gotten even bolder and were nipping my hands during water change last weekend. I don't think I ever had clowns like that before.

So all is good. Thanks for reading and take care.
I'll get some videos when I get a chance.

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
Hey everyone.

I just wanted to update as I now have one extra loach. He was a return to the fish shop as well, not much bigger than my one year old loach, perhaps stunted but he deserves a better home for making it through someones kiddie tank.

So now I lost the count of them loaches :) I think 13 :)

Here's a very bad video and so so great picture of the tank but with the net on top I find it hard to get any better view. You can see my older fatties in there though :)
Everyone is doing great and besides the jumping loach, all fish are kicking :)

Fish tank.jpg

Also, I had a very strange and somewhat funny encounter with one of my denison barbs. At the start of September I noticed it started changing colour. I had no idea if it was sick or what was up with it. Whatever it was, the barb was gradually changing its colour. Roll forward holidays, busy time, etc..no time to pay attention... Then a few weeks later I look at the tank and I see a very strange looking clown loach. When I properly look at it, it turns out it is the colour changing denison barb deciding to look like a clown loach. Pictures below....I was stunned and laughing at the same time...As of today, the barb is back to its denison barb colour :) Perhaps it was not that cool being a clown loach :)

Denison Barb Loach.jpg

Denison 2.jpg

Oh, and yes, someone ate all the anubias :)

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
I had some losses along the way. That was because I have to change to a smaller tanks. Make a stand. Etc. Finally had a loach tank to my self.

smjack

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
2 months ago. I have been feeding sinking pelletas main diet. Frozen krill, blanched zucchini. They eat when it is sunk. Tilapia fillet. There has been a diet change. Eg. They use the like shrimp. Not any more. So my clowns were getting by but not fat. Friend said stop feeding what they don't like. His clown never went for shrimp but for white meat which was tilapia fillet. I slice it and they ate it. It is for bulking up. So pellet for main. And krill and tilapia usually before water changes. They like the tilapia more.

20171010_133915.jpg

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
2 months ago. I have been feeding sinking pelletas main diet. Frozen krill, blanched zucchini. They eat when it is sunk. Tilapia fillet. There has been a diet change. Eg. They use the like shrimp. Not any more. So my clowns were getting by but not fat. Friend said stop feeding what they don't like. His clown never went for shrimp but for white meat which was tilapia fillet. I slice it and they ate it. It is for bulking up. So pellet for main. And krill and tilapia usually before water changes. They like the tilapia more.

View attachment 1285412
I once completely ran out of ffish ood and the online order got lost so I had no fish food for a month. I didn't want to buy any locally because they only sold bad stuff.

So I went to shop and buy some shrimp. The clown loaches however, totally did not like the shrimp and would not touch it. I think it took them a week to start eating the shrimp. They also do not like or eat brine shrimp but they really like krill, bloodworms and mosquito larvae.

I feed mainly New Live spectrum pellets of all types plus supplementing with frozen food here and there but not that often. I haven't had a problem with them ever being skinny from not eating enough :) Though I do not want them to be obese. One of my bigger loaches has gotten fat recently. I am not sure but it maybe due to her maturing and carrying eggs.

Here is the latest video:

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I once completely ran out of ffish ood and the online order got lost so I had no fish food for a month. I didn't want to buy any locally because they only sold bad stuff.

So I went to shop and buy some shrimp. The clown loaches however, totally did not like the shrimp and would not touch it. I think it took them a week to start eating the shrimp. They also do not like or eat brine shrimp but they really like krill, bloodworms and mosquito larvae.

I feed mainly New Live spectrum pellets of all types plus supplementing with frozen food here and there but not that often. I haven't had a problem with them ever being skinny from not eating enough :) Though I do not want them to be obese. One of my bigger loaches has gotten fat recently. I am not sure but it maybe due to her maturing and carrying eggs.

Here is the latest video:

Great update ! Nice to hear everyone is doing well.:)

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
Thanks tlindsey.

They are doing as well as always. No change in the numbers of any fish added to the tank yet besides the clown that jumped out a few months back.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
The one with the large girth, I would guess is a gravid female. I have one in my group as well.

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
The one with the large girth, I would guess is a gravid female. I have one in my group as well.
Yes, my thoughts as well. I noticed her being that "fat" only recently, in the last few months perhaps. Age wise this loach could be nearing 10 years. I've had her since around 2013 when she was returned by someone to the fish shop. She was about 5 inches then. Last year I measured her to be 9 inches.

There's been "chasing" around the tank the odd times but of course nothing comes out of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store