Clown loaches...Is 4f diameter round plastic pond - 240G polyehtylene

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
Just watched the video. Nice setup!

Not sure if you mentioned it in the thread as I just popped in now, but I was curious how you got the nontraditional patterned Loaches?

I've never seen any in person except the traditional pattern.

Reactions: Coryloach

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
Thank you!

They aren't regular here either but if you keep an eye in the shops you'll always find some eventually. I actually bought one patterned loach that was visually sick and decided to give him a chance due to the markings. It took me 4 months to get him back to full health but it was worth it. From my very first group of 5 that I bought 6 years ago I had 2 with odd markings. At the time I didn't even pick them. The shop bagged for me whatever they managed to catch. I just got lucky :)

Last edited:

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
I added 3 more emersed plant pots to the setup They are only adapting now and not all 3 may make it long term but the plan is to have as many plants as possible. The only limitation I have now is the amount of light reaching the plants.

Here is a small preview of the new plants

lee1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2008
paradise
Thank you!

They aren't regular here either but if you keep an eye in the shops you'll always find some eventually. I actually bought one patterned loach that was visually sick and decided to give him a chance due to the markings. I took me 4 months to get him back to full health but it was worth it. From my very first group of 5 that I bought 6 years ago I had 2 with odd markings. At the time I didn't even pick them. The shop bagged for me whatever they managed to catch. I just got lucky :)
I rescued 2 clown loaches about 2 years ago that was nothing but skin and bones and I took them in because I get bad for them now they are nice and fat and have both out grown the bigger ones I had ...

Reactions: Coryloach

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
I rescued 2 clown loaches about 2 years ago that was nothing but skin and bones and I took them in because I get bad for them now they are nice and fat and have both out grown the bigger ones I had ...
Well done!
I don't know if I'd attempt that with any other fish but I'd do anything for a clown loach! :)

Reactions: lee1

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
It's been a while now...So about time to update....There's nothing new happening. My bunch of 13 clown loaches are doing fine and so are their companions the barbs, SAEs, harlequin rasboras, etc..

The plants are growing too...

I'll post some more pictures or a video once I get a proper one underwater...

Pond 3.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store