Clown loaches with Arowana?

Isaac'sTank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2016
I have a arowana that I just upgraded to a 120g. He was in a 55g but he is still pretty much a juvenile. But now I'm left with an empty 55g and was wondering if I could get some clown loaches to grow out and put in with the arowana?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Clown loaches grow slow so you will be waiting a long time. Personally I would not chance it, but if you have the patience to wait until you know for sure the CL's are to big to fit in Aro's mouth.

Reactions: Dee eng

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Clown loaches grow slow so you will be waiting a long time. Personally I would not chance it, but if you have the patience to wait until you know for sure the CL's are to big to fit in Aro's mouth.
+1 might be waiting years.

Balraj Thethi

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2015
I had a clown loach living with my arowana for a few years since i had the clown loach before i got the arowana. They were fine together even though the amriwana could have easily eaten the cloan loach at any time. Then the clown loach started being a pain and started latching onto the arowana, harassing him all the time. couple days later the arowana had a big bulge in his stomach and my clown loach had disappeared.
He'd still be around if he behaved himself

Reactions: Isaac'sTank
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store