Company: Glass Cages

seedubs1

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
Indiana USA
i tried to order from them a couple times. i loved the prices they quoted for glass for a plywood tank i was building. even paid for the glass becasue they said it would be delivered on a certin date. turns out they decided to cancel the delivery due to someone elses order that was placed after mine. becasue of this they told me it would be another 3 weeks before they could get my order to me. i did get a refund for the glass but i think it is bad buisness to quote someone a delivery date and then the day before tell them that they could not make the delivery becasue of someone elses order. i chose to support a local buisness even though it cost me a little bit more.
That is a bad business practice. That would be enough for me to never do business with them again and to post bad stuff about them all over the place.

If you have a paid for and confirmed order with an agreed upon delivery date, they should not push your order back because they just received a more expensive order from someone else. What if you were depending on having your material at that date to meet a build schedule of some sort that was not flexible? They would have just given you the shaft.

johndirst

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2010
Cincinnati
Where is their shipping point in Ohio? I am just wonder how close to my house it is as well.
I think a 240 is about as big as I would want to go with glass and I second the Craigslist ads being scarce on larger tanks. I had to drive to Jasper, IN to get my 360 (~4 hours away).
Thanks!

fish042099

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
Northern N.J.
Glass cages is a very good site- solid tanks, cheap prices, great customer service. I got my 90 gallon from there at a fraction of LFS prices.

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
Where is their shipping point in Ohio? I am just wonder how close to my house it is as well.
I think a 240 is about as big as I would want to go with glass and I second the Craigslist ads being scarce on larger tanks. I had to drive to Jasper, IN to get my 360 (~4 hours away).
Thanks!
They have Bowling green, Columbus and some other one.

And thank you DXDX for the pics!

And yeah FISH thank you too! Oh let me tell you.. 150g biggest my LFS carries = 1495.99

FishareFriends2013

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2014
Chicago Illinois
Hi I was wondering if anyone has any information or personal review on the company Glass Cages (www.glasscages.com).

I'm looking to buy a 240g (72x30x25) no drilled or anything just a standard rectangle.

The tank is $1019 with top glass lids/hinges included.
Shipping is 120, not directly to my house BUT only 40 minutes away.
Total = 1139 dollars

I filled out a ticket thing last night at 11 o'clock at night and added a few questions too and by 10 this morning they already called me and seemed really nice and was informative.

The price to me seems good... tanks in my local stores cost 1300+ and max out at 150 gallons. Craigslist is no help either people don't sell big tanks I've been looking all year, plus I want NEW, I want to be proud of this tank and know the history of it.

So I guess my whole thing is.... has anyone shopped with them? Got pictures of your tank or how it was when you picked it up?

I know I'm late on this but how did all of your tanks from GC go?!?

Ocean Railroader

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2010
Richmond VA
I'm planning on buying a glass 240 gallon or 180 gallon or even a 300 gallon fish tank and stand from Glass Cages next week and is wondering about Glass Cages. In that as if now price wise they are willing the new giant fish tank competition.

Al Czervik

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2015
Rockland County, NY
I'm planning on buying a glass 240 gallon or 180 gallon or even a 300 gallon fish tank and stand from Glass Cages next week and is wondering about Glass Cages. In that as if now price wise they are willing the new giant fish tank competition.
Bought a 135 from them in Nov 2014. Happy with the purchase. It arrived only a few days after it was manufactured and I had to wait 2 weeks before I could fill it so the silicone could cure. I would recommend getting black silicone in the joints as they are a little neater with it. Very heavy tank with the euro bracing. Pretty cool seeing what else was in the back of that truck when it was delivered. Stand is unfinished and the back was solid plywood and had to be cut out.

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
My email exchange with them was pretty rude and unprofessional on their end. All I have to say is, they should update their site so the clearance page shouldn't still show up in a Google search. I simply inquired about a tank that showed up in a search for a 72x12x? tank. I didn't demand anything ,just made a friendly inquiry.

http://www.glasscages.com/?sAction=ViewCat&lCatID=5000

Last edited:

DIFish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2015
St. Louis
Bought a large sheet of half inch thick starfire glass from them. The price is hard to beat but I have heard that they don't ship to most places so I would definitely make sure you have a way of getting it that won't cost extra money. As for customer service they seemed brief but knowledgable. I have absolutely no regrets about buying from them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store